It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SE Regional Tactics
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:42 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Would love to hear your approach of what you did at these stations.

PeeDee 1: This was a true pair of a crossing orange bird from right to left about 30ish yards and a high right to left that came in towards the shooter. We watched two squads and one squad was successful going high then low and one squad was successful going low then shooting the higher bird dropping. Ed, Grace, & myself discussed and we decided low then high because the low bird hit the ground towards the end of the flight. We all were moderately successful with it, but nobody shot it straight. Afterwards, both Ed and I agreed that we'd probably shoot it high then low if we had to do it over again. What did you do and what was your thinking?

Rocky 6: This was a true pair of two teal style birds; an orange one on the left and a black one going up against the tree line. We shot it at 8:30 and I had a hard time seeing the black bird until it got into the open sky. My plan was to shoot the orange one quick and take a poke at the black bird and get at least a 3. What are your thoughts?

Rocky 3: This was the true pair of a pink and yellow crisscrossing trap birds. I marked the line and shot the yellow one first because I saw it the best. Ed shot the pink one first because his barrel blocked out the other one. I think either way was right depending on which one you saw better. Right thinking?

And the bonus question: WTF did you do on Rocky 13? I just wanted to hit the fast downhill crossing bird (which I did twice) and poke at the chandelle off the tower. I figured that was the safe bet. Ended up with a 2.

PS. It was a pleasure watching you shoot 5 stand. I have a greater appreciation for your level of concentration.

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021

Post subject: Re: SE Regional Tactics
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:51 am 
Clays Expert
Clays Expert

#6 Rocky was simply just to difficult for anyone to consistently execute. Lot of great shooter hit 3 out of 6 or less. Personally I would call the station unfair because the far target was black making it invisible until it appeared at 60 yards going away. Planning 3 out 6 on this station was a valid option.

#3 Rocky could of been shot either way. I shot the lower target first. I can't remember what color the low one was but I think I shot yellow then pink.

#13 Rocky
The chondel just took a big gap with a maintain lead. 8:00 line with a lot of day light. As much or more than the Midi took.

Post subject: Re: SE Regional Tactics
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:00 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Progress. At least I'm not surprised by your answers.

Rocky #13 chandelle: I kind of just spot shot it where I thought the shot should go. Not enough time to do anything meaningful, for me anyway.

#MMUSOpen2019 #TheForkUSOpen2021