It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did anybody do ANYTHING today?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

First time that I have ever used the snow blower to blow out the driveway in April.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:57 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi,

I'm currently up in Northome Mn. Been sunny and mid 30's for a while now. :lol: :lol: :lol: Kind of a payback for the -30's that froze the septic mound here for most of the winter. Beside, I never blow snow. Shirt sleeves and stereo radio.

Was debating on driving back down south today, but #4 Daughter called and said stay up Norf. No snowplows out in central Minnesota yet. She said there are 5ft deep drifts down there. Maybe tomorrow.

Sadly, a very good friend that has been a constant hunting and dog training buddy for nearly 30 years is in the hospital for Guillain-Barr syndrome. He will be spending the next three weeks in hospital for therapy to learn to walk again. It could take up to year to be able to walk again. Or maybe never. I pray he makes it back, his dogs are his pride and joy. To not be able to work them might hurt him more than anything else.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:31 pm 
Diamond Grade

Went turkey hunting today. It was opening day in Missouri. About 30 degrees at daylight. Heard at least 3 different birds gobble. Had 8 hens roosted at the end of the field where I sat up. They of course flew over the fence to a neighbor's field where I do not have permission to hunt rather than flying into the field I was watching. I was hoping they would come my way to act as live decoys to bring the gobblers in. Later on, did call in 3 gobblers that approached from the right. I thought they would keep coming so that I could get a shot directly in front of me. They didn't. They were about 40 yards away and started to head away from me so I tried to switch to lefty to take the shot left handed and one of them saw me move and it was all over. Oh well, still have the next three weekends to try. Hope someone else out there is having better luck.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:29 am 
Limited Edition

Wandering the property where we are staying North of Rome...found wild boar tracks and places where they have rooted under oak trees and in the fields. They are very destructive.
Also found a 12 gauge hull in the grass, 10 shot...someone must have been hunting the doves I see around here.
It would be fun to hunt the boars. I assume that someone must go after them when the season is open.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:17 am 
Crown Grade

double20 wrote:
Went turkey hunting today. It was opening day in Missouri. About 30 degrees at daylight. Heard at least 3 different birds gobble. Had 8 hens roosted at the end of the field where I sat up. They of course flew over the fence to a neighbor's field where I do not have permission to hunt rather than flying into the field I was watching. I was hoping they would come my way to act as live decoys to bring the gobblers in. Later on, did call in 3 gobblers that approached from the right. I thought they would keep coming so that I could get a shot directly in front of me. They didn't. They were about 40 yards away and started to head away from me so I tried to switch to lefty to take the shot left handed and one of them saw me move and it was all over. Oh well, still have the next three weekends to try. Hope someone else out there is having better luck.

I have a camo panel type blind setup that has the fiberglass poles and anchor ropes attached that is about 3 feet high that I set up in front of me when hunting dove and turkey. It covers enough to allow moving around slowly without spooking the birds and rolls up for easy transport. On turkey I've found it absolutely necessary to wear camo sunglasses in addition to the face shield to keep from spooking those birds. I had a hen at 30 yards take off on a dead run one time when all I did was blink my eyes without the glasses on.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

Shucks, Rex, you have that affect on all of us when you bat your eyes...

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:07 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Worked on a 1.5M house today, switches going nowhere, switches with no wires to them, whole rooms with dead outlets, outlets with burned wires, and a neutral in the panel insulation melted, wire charred. I found out they screw up the wiring in million dollar houses just the same as 200-300 dollar houses :shock: :shock: :shock:

cdb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:39 pm 
Presentation Grade

Going to take a Damascus barreled Alfred Field turkey hunting in the morning with some rst 5's. Got one with the greener already. Wish the me and another British gun luck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:24 am 
Crown Grade

Kannoncocker wrote:
Shucks, Rex, you have that affect on all of us when you bat your eyes...

And the ladies tend to run away too, must be the magnetic personality, only the wrong polarity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb1097 wrote:
Worked on a 1.5M house today, switches going nowhere, switches with no wires to them, whole rooms with dead outlets, outlets with burned wires, and a neutral in the panel insulation melted, wire charred. I found out they screw up the wiring in million dollar houses just the same as 200-300 dollar houses :shock: :shock: :shock:

cdb

Hi,

But them $1.5M houses burn prettier and longer than the cheap ones! 8)

AFD - Saving foundations since 1893..............

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Somebody needs a good attorney

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:18 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi All, I did go out and bought my 1st CZ today. It is a CZ 712 in the Cabela’s exclusive tungsten black.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

1dlmorrison wrote:
Hi All, I did go out and bought my 1st CZ today. It is a CZ 712 in the Cabela’s exclusive tungsten black.

Congrats

How about some pictures

cdb

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:55 pm 
Utility Grade

I am struggling to find out how to post pictures. This is my 3rd post to the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

1d, it's good to have you with us, and congrats on the new gun. We all think you're gonna like it

Drang nach Alger Flats!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:47 pm 
Utility Grade

Hopefully this will work. It is on photo bucket.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:33 am 
Utility Grade

cdb1097 wrote:

cdb

As an electrician nothing drives me nuttier than seeing hack wiring jobs done by people who think they know how to do electrical work. Not sure what goes through their mind. Wish it was a good jolt of 220V. Good luck, Dave

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hi,

Not sure 220VAC can jump that much of an air gap.................

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Dalee100 wrote:
Hi,

Not sure 220VAC can jump that much of an air gap.................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:22 am 
Tournament Grade

Beautiful day in southern New Hampshire yesterday. First day over 60 degrees since that weird stretch in February. Had a chance to do a little yard cleanup, and put out the hummingbird feeder. Within an hour or so later, saw our first hummingbird of the year. The feeder hangs from a plastic bracket that attaches to our kitchen window with suction cups. We have had as many as four birds at a time at the feeder last year. They are so interesting to watch. Just another of Gods wonderful creatures created to help beautify the world we live in.

Regards,
Joe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1678 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84  Next