CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1339 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next
 Post subject: Reliability Gun test CZ 912 Semi-Auto
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As you all know, I got my 912 last night, and took her for a spin today. Last night I stripped the gun down, removed the bolt, trigger group, recoil spring, and magazine spring and plug. I gave it a thorough cleaning and put it back together, lightly oiling with EEZOX, and wiping off the excess. Next I went up above the Garage to rummage through my shell stash from years gone by to see what I could come up with. Tucked away in a box were some shells that I used for Duck & Goose hunting way back when you could still use lead shot. I scrounged up the following shells, (six 3" 1/7/8 ounce #2 Winchester Super-X), (ten 2/3/4 inch 1/1/2 ounce #2 Remington Magnums), (nine 2/3/4 inch 1/1/4 ounce #4 Magnums, Winchesters) From my reloading room I took, 2 boxes of RGC 1/1/8 ounce target loads, 3 boxes of 1 ounce target loads, 2 boxes of 7/8 ounce target loads, and 2 boxes of 3/4 ounce target loads. I also made up some really light loads of 3/4 ounce shells. This morning I loaded up the car, trap thrower, shells, plastic, targets, new CZ baseball cap, Canvasback, the new 912, and of course SHOOTING GLOVES!!!!!!!! I then went to work for 8 agonizing hours.
At 13:30 I flew out of work and headed for the farm. I was set up and ready to shoot by 13:50. I first loaded the 912 with the 1/7/8 ounce magnums, now if it would not handle these we would have a big problem!!!!!!!! I launched a clay and just crushed it, those shells kick a lot more than I recall!!!!!!! I shot 2 more and then loaded the 1/1/2 inch magnums, it went through them with ease, then the 1/1/4 inch magnums, the gun handled them all with no problems, I then loaded 1 of the 1/7/8, 1 of the 1/1/2, and 1 of the 1/1/4 mags, and shot them, all ejecting with no problems. I then shot the remaining magnums, for a total of 25 magnums. The 7 pound 6.2 ounce gun absorbed the recoil quite well, but the shooter would not want a steady diet of them. I then started shooting the various reloads I brought out, the 1/1/8 ouncers, the 1 ouncers, the 7/8 ouncers, and the 3/4 ouncers. The gun took every different shell in stride, not even hesitating. I then tried the very light 3/4 ounce loads, this particular load stalled the SX3, well it also stalled the 912, in all fairness to the 2 guns, these were loads I made up to see just how low they could go and still function. This gun is a winner so far, :D :D I fired numerous different shells through the CZ and it did not have a problem at all.

Now I am going to see just how long it will go without cleaning, as per 2few, he wants to see how long it will shoot before jamming. I will only clean the barrel and leave the rest of the gun dirty, and shoot it until it stops shooting. I fired a total of 200 shells through the 912 and loved every trigger pull!!!!!!!! :D :D We now will have a gun test on a SA, so when people ask about the CZ semi-autos we can give them an honest answer, here is how they work!!!!!!! Instead of telling them, nobody here really shoots the CZ semis.

If anyone is interested in the 912 I got mine from Jason Steele, his email is jason@steelefirearms.com
I know if they ever make a 920, cdb is going to be calling Jason!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first shooting session is now history, lots more to go I hope, if today is any indication of the quality and reliability of this gun, then CZ has a winner!!!!! :D :D Those guys who got the early CZ guns that were not very good are really missing out on some really good guns, this gun is every bit as good as my SX3, it shoots all the shells the SX3 will, handles as good, and it is a looker also. We shall see if the quality is as good as the SX3, but so far, and I know I have only shot 200 shells, it is fantastic, and hey you have to start somewhere RIGHT!!!!!!! :D All guns start at zero and work up from there, and if they perform, then great. So far I love it. :D :D :D

cdb

Last edited by cdb1097 on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Reliability Gun test CZ 912 Semi-Auto
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 pm 
Presentation Grade

awesome post cdb. and thats a great idea from 2few, to see how long it will go before it jams

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:57 pm 
Crown Grade

Terrific first test session. Nice selection of loads. It should only get better now that the preliminary break-in is done. Looking forward to future results, I think that these guns are going to be exceptionally good guns. After talking to both TR Imports and CZ USA a while back I came away with real good feeling about them. Great Job!!
Strat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

cdb.....You are really an inspiration!

There are tons of guys interested in these reasonably priced Huglu guns that CZ-USA sells but they naturally wonder if the quality is there. And we can all tell them "I love mine" but that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.....just another guy bragging on the gun he bought....and by now everybody knows you can't believe any of the crap the "gun writers" say in the magazines....

But a "cdb test" is the real deal....A real guy, shooting a real gun that he paid his own hard earned cash for.....that's something a prospective gun buyer can actually trust!!!!

Thanks for running a wide variety of shells through this new gun. I'm sincerely impressed that it handles everything but your special "powder puff" shells!!!!

I think most prospective buyers for this gun probably shoot factory ammo and it seems your gun handled everything that resembles factory shells like a champ! Right out of the box.....no alterations....no tweaking!

I know you take damn fine care of your guns and so running a semi auto without cleaning until it finally fails to feed goes against everything you believe in. As you may know, drsfmd did a similar test with his Extrema II....It went to something over 1000 shells before it started to have feeding issues. I've got a sneaking suspicion that your new CZ is going to compare quite well with the Extrema that costs 2 to 3 times as much.

Thanks again cdb!!!! You give Huglu Forum a credibility that no other forum here has.

No "Opinions"! No BS! Just a good honest test from a REAL gun owner who paid for and shoots the gun he is talking about!!!!

Thanks.....2few

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:12 am 
Diamond Grade

Great job cdb. Now I really wish they made a 20 ga. Maybe someday.........the Mailman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:18 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hit the farm after work today and blasted 75 more rounds through the 912 without any problems, 275 rounds so far without cleaning, and she is still cranking them out. But the insides are getting kinda gunky, don't know if it will make 1,000 rounds before stalling, at least initially. I might have to do another filthy test later on after it is broken in really good. It was all I could do to just wipe it down and put it away. :roll: :roll:

cdb

Last edited by cdb1097 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:49 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nice report. Very good information, Better then quailty control.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 pm 
Field Grade

word to the wise, dont go over 500 or it will start binding the piston up and you will probly see it slow down, you can end up breaking those pistons if you let it get too dirty.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

NFlynn wrote:
word to the wise, dont go over 500 or it will start binding the piston up and you will probly see it slow down, you can end up breaking those pistons if you let it get too dirty.

Does this info come from personal experience, or do you know something we don't? Not being a SA just gathering info.

cdb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 pm 
Field Grade

i know someone who took a couple to argentina recently on a dove hunt, from what he said 500 would be about the highest amt of rounds i would let it go. past that there will be so much carbon on the mag tube and piston that it will be really hard on the piston and hurt the performance of it. he was going past 500 but then started breaking pistons.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thanks for the info NFlynn, how did he like the 912? So far I am liking mine. I usually clean after every shooting session, guess I will clean it the next time I shoot it.

Welcome to the Huglu forum, stop by anytime {hs# {hs#

cdb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm 
Field Grade

he loves em, has nordic components mag extensions, mags hold 9 rds! i think they have one that will let the mag hold 10! thanks for the welcome.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:07 am 
Tournament Grade

Cdb1097, you'll be turkish shotgun exper.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

syilmaz wrote:
Cdb1097, you'll be turkish shotgun exper.

HAHA, if I ever become an expert, it will be all the gun not me :lol: :lol:

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:27 pm 
Crown Grade

Hey there senior member!! LOL!! Have you been shooting that new autoloader much?? I was thinking that to really be fair to the gun, I think that you should break it in and then clean it real good to get any metal or the like that can occur during the break in period out of the gun and then do your "no cleaning until it stops test". It might even actually extend the life of the gun and help assure that the majority of the protective coating is more completely cleaned out, sometimes it takes a couple cleanings to get it all. That stuff will capture junk and debris like crazy. Strat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:35 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

No time to shoot right now, as a Senior Member, I have been busy petitioning AARP to issue me a Huglu credit card, HAHA :lol: :lol: Will be taking it out again this weekend. Once I get my card, I will be able to buy more Huglu shotguns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 pm 
Crown Grade

[quote="cdb1097"]No time to shoot right now, as a Senior Member, I have been busy petitioning AARP to issue me a Huglu credit card, HAHA :lol: :lol: Will be taking it out again this weekend. Once I get my card, I will be able to buy more Huglu shotguns!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cdb[/quote]
What do you think about the cleaning suggestion?? It can't be good leaving the break in burrs and debris in the gun.
Strat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm going to give it a thorough cleaning, recoil spring, mag spring mag tube, everything, I have put 275 through it and will put another 50 or so this weekend, then it gets super cleaned. Should be good to go then. It will not go as long as the SX3, but I never expected it to.

cdb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Shoot the hell out of her cdb!!! I'm betting she will prove every bit as reliable as your Canvasback!

Best.....2few

Robert E. Lee's 200th birthday was 1/19/07. I hope AP Hill takes that hill at Gettysburg in every dream he has. Freedom isn't free. 11B; 54E20

OMG has a whole new meaning. OBAMA MUST GO!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:24 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Thats the plan 2few, shoot the crap out of it and see where the chips fall. :D

cdb

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1339 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 67  Next