CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Youth Dove Hunt in Morgan County
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Went to the Sep 11 Youth dove hunt in Morgan County. The great part is that it was two miles from my house. Dove everywhere, but so was the rain and lightning. :evil:

We're going to try the Sep 18th Youth Dove hunt in Cullman county. Anyone else going?
In case you didn't know ....Dad's shoot, too. :D
Jay

Post subject: Re: Youth Dove Hunt in Morgan County
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Went to the Cullman Youth Dove hunt. First, thanks to all of the Game Warden guys for putting it on. My son and I had a great time. The dove didn't show up in huge numbers, but their was plenty of shooting for both of us. A big thanks to one of the Game Wardens for pointing out the Chinese Chestnut. We were going to hunt under the shade of this huge tree. He suggested I not do that with my Boykin, due to the cactus like shells that this type of tree drops...very bad for a dogs paws.
Jay G.