CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lots of ducks on I-65 bridge in Morgan County
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

FYI - I think the ducks have finally arrived in North Alabama. I drive across the I-65 bridge (between Decatur and Huntsville) every morning and today there were a ton of 'em in the flooded fields.

Post subject: Re: Lots of ducks on I-65 bridge in Morgan County
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 pm 
Global Moderator

Last several days the water has been a bit stiff but the birds are still moving around the refuge, saw a couple of groups of sandhills just down from the refuge office on 67. The water is down and there's plenty of mudflats for them to poke about in Flint Creek.

~~There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness~~

"Women and Cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."--Robert A. Heinlein--

Post subject: Re: Lots of ducks on I-65 bridge in Morgan County
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm seeing even more on the I-65 bridge now that the water has thawed. Talked to several that said they were killing mallards and gadwalls in northa alabama.