Shotgun Forum banner

Need a little help finding a shotgun

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bobski 
#1 ·
I know this is a long shot but I thought I would give it a try.

A couple of months ago an antique muzzleloading double barrel shotgun was stolen from my Mothers house, along with a few other misc. guns. This gun was purchased by my Father right after WWII and was one of his prized possesions for the rest of his life. The gun is very unique and would be easy to identify, the most distinguished characteristic is that the stock and forearm are inlayed with brass grapevines. The gun has a French origin and was originally a Flintlock that was later converted into a percussion, you can tell this because of a small hole on each sidelock where the pan used to connect to the gun. The gun was believed to have been converted by the original gunsmith because all of the scroll work on the side plates and hammers matched perfectly.

Unfortunately we believe this crime was committed by someone close to the family, because very few people new about the gun and the pictures we had of the gun are missing also.

The gun was stolen in Southeast Missouri about 100 miles south of St. Louis.

Again. I know this is a long shot, but if anyone happens to run across a shotgun fitting this description in a pawn shop or a gun show, I would appreciate a heads up.

Thaks

See less See more
#2 ·
i'll watch for it to show up at my range in vanzant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.