Shotgun Forum banner

Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm Mo Open House Shoot, 8-9-10 Apr 16

7K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  bobski 
#1 ·
The Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm of Vanzant, Mo.
will be hosting a corporate outing for
CYBER FORUM MEMBERS
GUESTS AND LOCALS ARE INVITED TO SHOOT
8-9-10 APR 2016
SAFETY BRIEF: NOON on 8th & 9am & 1pm on 9th
1st FLIGHT 1PM FRI RAIN OR SHINE
Bring 10 Boxes of Ammo,
3 cases of walmart clays
ANY GUN
ANY GAUGE

Cost is 50.00

The Days Events Will Be:
9am - Intro/Waivers/Gun Insp.
10am - Match Begins
Box 1 = 16yd ATA Trap
Box 2 = Handicap Trap
Box 3 = Skeet
Box 4 = Team Annie Oakley
Box 5 = Polish Turkey Shoot
Box 6-10 = Shooters Choice

NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED

10 NEW SHOOTERS REQUIRED TO HOLD THE MEET

HIGH SCORE MUST SHOOT OFF WITH LOW SCORE FOR TROPHY.
BOB SHOOTS IN PROXY FOR LOW SCORE.
SHOOT OFF IS A TRAP WALK BACK TO 50YDS.
LAST MAN STANDING WINS.
Call me and reserve a spot!

DIRECTIONS:
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/locati ... geon-farm/
-------------------------

by popular demand and for the ones who couldnt come in apr, im offering it again in OCT. start planning now!

i enjoy bringing cyber posters together to share something in common, shooting! being retired military, i have a lot of free time to devote to my passion, shotguns and people. i enjoy it so much, that i bought this abandoned range a few years ago, just to have people come out and learn to shoot. it also gives the locals something to do after those long hard days on the farm. i live in va.. so i only visit up to mo. twice a year. so i'd like to offer you all a chance to come meet me at my place for a great little getaway which i promise will be worth your time.
i use to shoot on the navy shooting team, rifle, pistol, and shotgun. i was on the world champion navy skeet team that won gold in san antonio back in the 90's. i know the game.
to make your visit to the ftf meet worth the trip, im offering free instruction and coaching to all that sign up.
i prefer it to be 'bring your own shotgun,' but if you dont have one, i will ensure some will be here for you to borrow for free. and too, others will surely bring some to loan as well.
i will open my clubhouse for free as well.
it has a kitchen, so anyone is welcome to use it to cook. i cant cook for you guys....i'll be teaching on the range, so if you want to bbq or eat grub, bring your own food and cook it yourselves. i also supply coffee to all shooters for free.
the range parking lot is big enough for campers. i dont have sewage, but i do have free electricity and water hookups. bring your extention cords and hoses. so if you want to bring a camper to save on motels, feel free. pitch a tent too if youd like.

the clubhouse is knotty pine, has running water, toilet, heat and ac.

weather is always the stick in the mud, so we all really do need to plan this as a weekend event. banking on one day is a gamble. so plan it as a weekend getaway and enjoy some of the sites around here if it rains on 8-9 APR. if you can get here friday, it will give us wiggle room. if you leave monday morning, even better. but i understand most of you must return for work. we will shoot sunday if one of the days is a washout

tickets are 50.00. bring 10 boxes of shells and 3 cases of targets.
many pitch in to make the trophy free and many pitch in to give free prizes to winners. we will gladly receive any other donated items needed to hold the meet, like cases of clay targets from walmart or sports authority etc...
this match is designed for beginners to get a feel for the sport on a budget. i will shepard you thru the basics to the 5 different games for free.
of course if youre a skilled shooter, come as well! but to ensure there are no ringers, the top score must shoot against me in the last event if they want to win; because, i shoot in proxy for last place. if i win, last place wins the match. high score wins the prizes. so dont be scared away over a match due to a lack of skill. its a lot of fun.
and when the meet is over...we all attend a dutch steak dinner at the local pub called club 60 in mountain grove, mo.. it goes well into the night.

Club 60 Steak House Menu
http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/210-mi ... house/menu

so get out there in the forums and send people this direction.

---------------------------------------

for those choosing to come, heres your bug out list................

* shotgun, 12ga or 20ga. must have shoulder stock. must be in working order. suggest pump, semi, o&u, or sbs.
* interchangable chokes both IC & FULL. SKT will be fine too. if you dont have a gun with interchangable chokes, bring two shotguns...one with a full and one with a skeet or IC choke in it.
* 10 boxes of ammo, 7 1/2 or 8 shot.
* 3 cases of walmart clay targets
* ball cap
* rain gear
* safety glasses, clear or smoked.
* shell pouch if you have one. (dont buy one, i have some you can borrow.)
* ear plugs, not ear muffs. those big dorky ones will interfere with your stock fit to your cheek.
* batters gloves. nice but not needed.
* 10 gallons of nerves
* 1 humble pie

---------------------------------------------

for those considering coming, here are the ground rules......

VCPF Range Rules:

Rangemasters decisions are final.
Drug or alcohol use prohibited on the premise. Period. The management has the right to deny shooting privileges if detected.
Eye and ear protection required when shooting or in the shooting area.
Guns & ammo are subject to inspection. Shoulder stocks are required.
Guns entering the clubhouse must be opened and confirmed empty before racking.
Shouldering, dry firing, and loading of firearms in the clubhouse is prohibited.
A game is 25 targets. Shoot only 1 shot at 1 target.
Extra targets not allowed, unless one is thrown broken.
Carry only one gauge of ammo when shooting.
Load only when you are on a firing station. Otherwise, keep your firearm unloaded with the action open.
Load no more than 2 rounds at a time.
Load only 1 round on station 8 high house and 1 round for ATA trap.
Don't swing past the center stake on station 8.
Everyone shoots station 8 high, then everyone shoots station 8 low.
If your gun gives an odd report, cease fire, unload your gun, and check the bore for an obstruction.
Stop all shooting when a cease-fire is called. Open all actions and unload.
Be alert for people in the shooting area or downrange.
Don't shoot at wildlife or livestock. Dogs must be leashed and policed.
Don't shoot if an orange cone, flag, or hat appears on the trap bunker.
Don't walk past the far edge of the houses unless loading the bunker.
Don't shoot the houses. If you do, confess and paint it.
No shot larger than #6 allowed on this range.
Children must be kept within arms reach at all times. Infants not allowed on the range. Period.
Children who can not safely hold, mount, or swing a firearm properly, may not shoot.
To reduce the risk of lead ingestion, no eating or smoking while shooting. It is advised to thoroughly wash hands and face after shooting.
You may keep whatever hulls you came with. All others are club property and must remain.
Did i say the rangemasters decisions are final? Good. Just checking.

See less See more
#2 ·
we have 25 signed up. come join us folks!

#3 ·
You guys missed another good meet at my place. sign up for oct!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.