Shotgun Forum banner

Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm Mo Open House Shoot, 7-8-9 Apr 2017

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  double20 
#1 ·
The Vanzant Clay Pigeon Farm of Vanzant, Mo.
will be hosting a corporate outing for
CYBER FORUM MEMBERS
GUESTS AND LOCALS ARE INVITED TO SHOOT
7-8-9 APR 2017
SAFETY BRIEF: 3pm on 7th & 9am & 1pm on 8th
1st FLIGHT 4PM FRI RAIN OR SHINE
Bring 10 Boxes of Ammo,
3 cases of walmart clays
ANY GUN
ANY GAUGE

Cost is 50.00

The Days Events Will Be:
9am - Intro/Waivers/Gun Insp.
10am - Match Begins
Box 1 = 16yd ATA Trap
Box 2 = Handicap Trap
Box 3 = Skeet
Box 4 = Team Annie Oakley
Box 5 = Polish Turkey Shoot
Box 6-10 = Shooters Choice

NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED

HIGH SCORE MUST SHOOT OFF WITH LOW SCORE FOR TROPHY.
BOB SHOOTS IN PROXY FOR LOW SCORE.
SHOOT OFF IS A TRAP WALK BACK TO 50YDS.
LAST MAN STANDING WINS.
Call me and reserve a spot!

DIRECTIONS:
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/locati ... geon-farm/
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

See less See more
#2 ·
up to 21 now. come join us!

#4 ·
wow...whata meet. good times had by all.

#5 ·
I would like to thank bobski for putting on a great shoot. I had a wonderful time as did my wife. Below is a copy and paste from my write up I did on the Huglu forum under the "Did anyone do anything today?" thread:

Well guys, I attended a shoot this weekend put on by a fellow forum member named bobski at Vanzant Clay Pigeon farm in Vanzant, Mo. He holds a shoot twice a year in April and October for forum members from several different websites including Shotgunworld. I had a blast at this shoot and highly recommend it for those looking for a getaway weekend with lots of shooting. He (bobski) posts information about these shoots in the Regional Info section of the forum under the South Central - Missouri thread.

There were shooters from Michigan, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee, Virginia, and one from either Wisconsin or Minnesota. There were a total of about 20 shooters who showed up (there were a couple of no shows). The shoot included both skeet and trap (both from the 16 yard line and the 21 yard line) as well as a turkey shoot (stationary card target) and an Annie Oakley trap elimination game where all 20 shooters lined up at the 17 yard line and took turns shooting with the person to your right having the chance to hit your missed target and eliminate you. It also included both trap and skeet shot at night under the lights. The trap targets were white and almost looked like fireworks exploding against the black night sky. Then there was a shoot off that was decided from the front porch of the clubhouse which was a full 50 yards from the trap house. Two people actually hit the target from that distance.

The range is in a fairly remote area about 25 miles south and east of Mountain Grove, Mo. The view from the clubhouse steps is spectacular! You can see for probably 10 miles and see mountains in the distance. My wife and I stayed in our camping trailer right there at the range and another couple also stayed there in their trailer. I think everyone else stayed at motels in either Mountain Grove or Willow Springs or just drove in and shot on Saturday only instead of shooting on both Friday and Saturday. Pitching a tent was also an option for anyone who wanted to do so. Although my shooting wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, I did manage to shoot a 23 on the skeet field at night (better than any of my day scores) and won my squad during the turkey shoot. All in all, there was good food, good shooting and friendships made. A great weekend!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.