It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Current status of registration system?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:36 am 
Limited Edition

I notice this seems to have disappeared from the headlines for while. What's the current status on the legislation to disband the registration system? Is it dead in the water or moving foward?

Post subject: Re: Current status of registration system?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:04 pm 
Field Grade

Just kind of stuck I think.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:33 am 
Utility Grade

If the Liberals get back in it will be on again. If the conservatives get a majority govt it should disappear.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:43 am 
Limited Edition

I doubt we'll see an election soon, Iggy is a moron for trying to force one in the first place. No one including the Liberals or the taxpayer can afford an election at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:33 am 
Presentation Grade

If Iggy forces and election, he'll have a public meltdown just the same as his predecessor did! He has no firm beliefs on anything except that he wants to be king!

As Rick Mercer put it, Iggy wants to be prime minister of Canada so bad that he even moved here for the job!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:49 pm 
Field Grade

it's moving slow but sure, like a chess game. PM harper is stacking the senate first, which IMO is very smart. The majority of legislation dies there. Several NDP'ers are already saying they will be forced to break with the party line on this because they are getting so much heat from their constituents over the ndp not supporting it. It didn't die when harper prorogued parliament.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:15 pm 
Limited Edition

now that parliament has reconvened, anyone have any idea what sort of timespan we'll be waiting for before this bill is either passed into law or shot down?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:36 am 
Limited Edition

Hopefully by the end of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:48 am 
Limited Edition

Maritime Storm wrote:
Hopefully by the end of the year.

wouldn't that be nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 pm 
Field Grade

Give the Conservatives a majority government, vote Conservative. As much as I use to doubt Stephen Harper, over the last few years he has proven that he is the right man for the job and has done alot of good for our country.

VOTE CONSERVATIVE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 pm 
Field Grade

I believe it is Sept 21 that the vote for Mark Hollands bill to kill bill C391 is scheduled. Assuming that his bill is defeated, then C391 will go forward for the third vote which should kill it. Too bad most Canadians can't be bothered to keep track of what is going on and write their PM's to tell them what is expected. As usual 9% of the shooters sit on their a$$ and assume the other 5% will get it done.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Makwa wrote:
I believe it is Sept 21 that the vote for Mark Hollands bill to kill bill C391 is scheduled. Assuming that his bill is defeated, then C391 will go forward for the third vote which should kill it. Too bad most Canadians can't be bothered to keep track of what is going on and write their PM's to tell them what is expected. As usual 9% of the shooters sit on their a$$ and assume the other 5% will get it done.

Very true but that the same for just about all people.
People only complain when its to late

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:37 pm 
Field Grade

badboybeeson wrote:
Makwa wrote:

Very true but that the same for just about all people.
People only complain when its to late

GOT TO AGREE guys were i'm from are scared to speakup i tried to get an a appointment with the mp here but so far i havn't got a call back.I was talking to a member of one of the wildlife clubs here he can't get a in for a meeting either the liberals are closing their doors to rural residents opinions.