Shotgun Forum banner

Looking for some advice for a new shotgunner

10K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  saddler2 
#1 ·
Hi there folks first post here looking for a bit of advice. I received my sgc last week and looking for advice for a good beginners O/U I will be mostly shooting clays for the now until my shooting is up to scratch thanks in advance.

Lee!

#2 ·
Welcome to Shotgun World!

For clays, I would go with a sporting model; either Browning or Beretta, depending on which one fits you best. Just my opinion, others will no doubt be different.

#3 ·
All depends on your budget how much are you willing to spend,Browning/Beretta's don't come cheap,but their excellent guns, have a good look around before you commit yourself,and whichever make of gun you choose make sure it's multi choked,and as mentioned above that it fits as best it can.

Good Luck.

#5 ·
Well just lost my job the other day so won't be buying one until I get a new job so have got a bit of time to shop about and do a good bit of research but would be looking to spend about £400 it's my birthday soon so my mum and my girlfriend have got me a few hours of clay pigeon shooting at my local shooting ground so when Iam there I will have a look at what's for sale and get a feel for them I have always done a lot of air rifle shooting from the age of about 12 Iam right handed but some how I shoot my air rifle with my left so don't know if I will need a left handed ****** or not are they as readily available as right handed guns as I haven't seen many lefties for sale sorry for the long post but Iam sure yous all understand that there's a lot of things Iam not 100% on thanks alot again guys

#6 ·
Also look at the Miroku guns...they're the Japanese makers of Brownings, so are allowed to market some of the Browning clones under their own name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.