Shotgun Forum banner

anyone know where to pattern a new shotgun in Denver area?

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  OPTLO8 
#1 ·
I don't know if Cherry Creek allows it, and would like to find public land somewhere to do it. I hear that National Forest land is an option. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.

G
#3 ·
Boulder Gun Club - I-70 east to Watkins /Front Range Airport exit. South a couple miles. It is on your right. Can't miss it.

I don't know if they charge for using the pattern boards. They also have a few skeet/trap ranges. Nice place.

Steve

#7 ·
Cherry Creek State Park used to have a pattern board.

I know that you could pattern at Kiowa Creek Sporting Club
Distances to the board are marked at each five yards.
It's way out east on Quincy about five miles after the blacktop ends.
http://www.kiowacreek.com
8)

#11 ·
Cherry Creek does have a pattern board area but it is not exactly free. You pay a range fee which the amount depends on your age group and that allows you to use any facility for that day except the auto trap which is separate. If you want to shoot a round of trap that is a different charge. The facilities out there include rifle, pistol, manual trap, pattern board and archery and you can do any or all of those in a day for the same range fee. It's a good deal I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.