CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Albuquerque
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:26 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

All rightie, I'm planning on spending a day or two in ABQ in a couple of weeks, and I'm looking for suggestions on gun-type stores/shops and the like I can visit. I know about the Sportsman's Warehouse, and I will certainly stop in there. Anywhere else I need to see? Especially interested in double-guns.

Thanks in advance!

Check out the 28 Ga Society! Copy/paste into your URL window:

28gasociety.46.forum er.com

Delete the space between "forum" and "er", and hit the "Enter" key. SGW's softer buggers direct links.

Post subject: Re: Albuquerque
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:05 pm 
Field Grade

Peterson Guns on Central at Washington probably has the most used doubles.
Los Ranchos Guns on 4th St south of Osuna has a good selection of doubles and some nicer stuff.
Charlie's Sporting Goods on Menaul has the largest selection of new guns, including doubles.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:42 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Thanks for the tips! I've been to Charlie's before, and I'm sure I'll drop in again this time, but the others will be my first time. I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks again. Any one else have any suggestions?

Delete the space between "forum" and "er", and hit the "Enter" key. SGW's softer buggers direct links.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Well, I made it to Los Ranchos, Sportsman's, and Charlie's. I plugged Peterson's into my Garmin, but I didn't find it. Maybe I put in the address wrong.

Los Ranchos was nice; friendly people in a pretty decent sized & stocked shop, just not much I was interested in.

Sportsman's Warehouse was a major disappointment. They've always had a nice selection of double guns, but not this time. Three, count 'em three, double guns on the rack. This doesn't count the $300 SxS "Western Shoot" style coach guns; there were some of them, but they don't garner my interest. They did have a few guns in a locked up case, too.

Charlie's was where I saw the most guns I liked, with one in particular. I saw a SxS on the rack with some dainty barrels, so I asked to look at it. It was a Weatherby Athena D'Italia in 28 ga. Very nice looking gun with nice engraving on the feaux sideplates. Too bad it's close to 7 lbs! When I mentioned that, he showed me another - A Fausti Dea 28 ga. 28" barrels, SST, Beavertale FE, English stock, choke tubes, very nice wood, a beautiful little gun at 4.9 lbs! It came with a 2nd set of .410 barrels for $4999. Just out of my price range right now. He said he could get the 28 ga only for $3800; I may do that when I save up some $$$.