CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Blue Grouse Hunters
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:44 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Fellow SGW'ers: I'm looking for one or more people who have hunted, know how/where to hunt, and/or just want to hunt some Blue Grouse this coming season and are looking for some company this year.

I've never hunted them, but I've done a lot of quail & pheasant hunting, and I've got a bird dog I can bring along for the hunt. I'm really looking for someone who can provide guidance with really basic stuff - mainly "How" & "Where". I'm willing to supply some shotgun ammo (negotiable!) & perhaps even share a hotel room with you if you're willing to help me with what I need.

The seasons are 09/01-10/15 in GS-1, and 10/1-10/31 in GS 2.

I don't like to wait 'til the last minute, so if you're interested, please conact me by either replying here or sending me a PM so we can get started planning a great hunt!

Check out the 28 Ga Society! Copy/paste into your URL window:

28gasociety.46.forum er.com

Delete the space between "forum" and "er", and hit the "Enter" key. SGW's softer buggers direct links.

Post subject: Re: Looking for Blue Grouse Hunters
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:53 am 
Utility Grade

I live in Abq, but I grew up in Northern NM. I did a lot of grouse hunting as a kid, up to about 15 years ago.

There are a lot of good spots around Taos and Los Alamos. The hunting pressure varies a lot form year to year. And from what I remember the weather either makes or breaks the bird population.

I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you. I might be able go out out about August and take a look to see if any birds are around. There used to be grouse around the Nogal Canyon area near Ruidoso too.

Since you are in Artesia, perhaps we can work out an even trade for some quail or local ducks?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:09 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Hey there!

Thanks for your reply.

We need to talk about this! I'm sure we can work something out.

Quail season starts on 11/15, and that would be our best bet. I'll start trying to put together a good crew so we can have as good a hunt as is possible. Quail populations are also very dependant on the weather, and they haven't been great the last few years, but we'll do our best! I'm not a duck hunter, so I can't help with that, just yet. I'll ask around.

Please PM me your email, and we can get started.

Anyone else who's interested, please post and we'll see if we can work things out.

Check out the 28 Ga Society! Copy/paste into your URL window:

28gasociety.46.forum er.com

Delete the space between "forum" and "er", and hit the "Enter" key. SGW's softer buggers direct links.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:46 pm 
Utility Grade

I just saw this I'm in Albuquerque too. I've never been bird hunting been trying to go for a few years when I was in the south been here for about a year and a half, just could never get anyone to go would really like to be able to tag along with someone.

Thanks,

Eric

BPGuy wrote:
Hey there!

Thanks for your reply.

We need to talk about this! I'm sure we can work something out.

Quail season starts on 11/15, and that would be our best bet. I'll start trying to put together a good crew so we can have as good a hunt as is possible. Quail populations are also very dependant on the weather, and they haven't been great the last few years, but we'll do our best! I'm not a duck hunter, so I can't help with that, just yet. I'll ask around.

Please PM me your email, and we can get started.

Anyone else who's interested, please post and we'll see if we can work things out.