CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Advise me on a Colorado "Shotgun World" Get-Tog
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey guys, can you give me advise on how to go about arranging a Colorado (and New Mexico & Arizona) SHOTGUN WORLD "Get Together"?

Do people mostly want to have a clay shoot, and is that the central idea?

What kind of things have you gone to that work and that people really like?

Nobody is doing anything in Colorado right now, but there are a handful of SW members who have expressed their interest. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Hmmm, load first ask later, kinda backards ain't it, sport? Where you been anyway?"--------Curly-Nohair

Post subject: re: Advise me on a Colorado "Shotgun World" Get
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:11 pm 
Presentation Grade

Pick a date, gather prizes and plan food. We've had a couple of good get togethers here in Dallas, we are about due for another one.

Post subject: re: Advise me on a Colorado "Shotgun World" Get
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Location: Arlington TX, home of the world famous Dallas Cowboys
Quote:
Do people mostly want to have a clay shoot, and is that the central idea?

In the ones I've attended, casual SC competition is the excuse. The primary benefit is meeting folks you've only known from online posts; lifelong friendships result.

In SGW Dominant Predator shoots here in DFW, food has been a potluck affair. One South Central member brings a BBQ trailer rig from which mighty fine brisket emerges. Some might claim JohnBoy cooks even better'n he shoots. :D

Prizes have been modest, e.g., a nice beer stein for 1st and a T-shirt for last. Nicer things provided by SGW sponsors have on occasion been distributed viadrawings, but inquiries on that would be best directed to the site owners.
[/quote]