CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Academy's Monarch brand ammo marked up at gun shows
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

Went to the gun show in Austin today and found out where all that inexpensive Academy "Monarch brand" ammo went.

7.62x39: Academy $5.69, Saxet gun show $8 and up.
9mm: Academy $11.99, Saxet gun show $22 to $39.95

Supply and demand or price gouging? It's hard to tell sometimes.

Didn't buy any at the show ,but after the show, I went to Academy and they had just put out some 9mm, 380, 22, 357 and 38sp (various brands) at their normal prices. Needless to say, I got some. :D Got a reasonable amount and left plenty for the next guy.

Post subject: Re: Academy's Monarch brand ammo marked up at gun shows
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:06 pm 
Limited Edition

Should tell you a lot about the prices of everything else those guys are selling to.

Post subject: Re: Academy's Monarch brand ammo marked up at gun shows
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:23 am 
Tournament Grade

Yes, there's a reason it's called a gun "show" and not a gun "sale". Nothing is on sale!

Luckily, we have moved past this ammo shortage. I still don't care for sellers who try to control the market this way. It's kind of like buying up all the generators (eliminating the supply) that others are selling at "reasonable" prices during a natural disaster and trying to resell them at excessively high prices. I believe we call that price gouging. I see little difference between that and the ammo prices from a year or two ago.