CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Round Rock TX info??
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Almost put Austin but i,m not one of the tree huggin liberal keep Austin weird Fans

Anyway
i shoot @ BOTW and Eagles peak
where else can i shoot skeet,sportings clays etc

More importantly with closure of Sportsmanwarehouse in RR
where do ya get reloading supplies?

TIA

Post subject: Round Rock TX info??
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 am 
Presentation Grade

If I were you, I'd consider a trip to trainer hale near San Antonio. Best prices in your area on reloading supplies. I'd go down there from Waco but that's really far from here. You've got an hour and a half less travel time. There is also the option of Gamaliel online. The stuff I've ordered has always been fine.

As for shooting, we've got a guy that drives up from that area near every week. So I'd recommend checking out Waco skeet & trap. We've got 17 skeet fields, 7 trap, and a 5-stand. They've also been talking of putting in a sporting clays course.

Post subject: Re: Round Rock TX info??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 am 
Tournament Grade

Kool
I shoot long range @ tiger valley in Waco
thou was hoping for something closer

Really only one central TX shooter
where u guys hiding

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:28 pm 
Limited Edition

I shoot skeet, trap and five stand at Ft. Hood in Killeen. I live in Georgetown, and it takes me about 45 minutes to get to the base. It is a great deal. If you want to join the club, it costs $20.00 a year. Members shoot for $4.25 a round, and non-members shoot for $5.00 a round. There is a Visitor's Center at the main gate, and you have to go in there and register your gun(s), and get a vehicle pass. If you join the club as a member, you can get a letter from the club that will allow the base to issue you a one-year vehicle pass. I too shoot (my pistols) at Eagle Peak. We have a group of guys from Sun City who shoot every-other Thursday at BOTW, but if just can't see spending the kind of money that they are charging when I can go to Ft. Hood. There is shooting every Saturday and Sunday, and most Thursdays. it is completely civilian operated, and there are very experienced shooters who are always there. it is particularly fun when soldiers wander over and shoot with us. Also, on weekends, civilians have access to the rifle and pistols range also.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

I,m a life member @ BOTW so i get a good $$ break, skeet n TRap $5 a round

Foot hood access is non issue as i,m retired mil, BOTW is where i normally shoot 1000 yd line.
So as a life member BOTW is same $$ n not a 45min drive.

Rumor has BOTW may put in a sporting layout in near future ... maybe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I do all my shooting at capitol city trap and skeet. Its off of 290 near the 130 toll road so it's probably a closer than BOTW. Its a really nice place, its all self pull and the rates are real reasonable. It's never crowded except leading up to hunting season or around tournaments. Its nothing fancy though so don't expect a glitzy clubhouse or anything but still a fun place to shoot for sure!

http://www.capitolclays.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:13 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Yep Cap city is where i go too -still have not tried the Sporting clays course-I want too.
I go to Eagle peak a lot because it's cheap and i have a lot of new shooters with me laltey and its a good place to start. The throwers at eagle peak are like trap somewhat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I guess he found something since this is from 2011 and he hasn't visited since Nov. 4 2012 :D

TSRA LIFE MEMBER
NSCA #610xxx
http://www.rosecityflyingclays.com/
http://www.caneycreeklodge.net/shootingsports.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

:)
yeah -not too many folks check these state threads i notice.