CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bull Run Shooting Center
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:52 pm 
Tournament Grade

All in all I believe the crew at BRSC does an excellent job. In the few years I have been a sunday morning regular I have never been disappointed with the management or the trappers. I am looking forward to an alleged planned modernization to automated machines and other capital investments/improvement which should add to the center's profit margin and seemingly endless labor problem. Now if they could only serve good coffee on those cold mornings.

Post subject: re: Bull Run Shooting Center
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:33 am 
Diamond Grade

for those that haven't yet, be a "club member"....cheapest membership is $25. Well these are more like club donations rather than membership but still, if Bull Run is the most convenient for you, support it by getting a membership there.

I do notice a decrease in people shooting on the weekends, at least on Saturdays that I have been there. I get there usually around 1130am or 12pm on Saturdays and I was surprised the only range that was consistently filled up was Wobble. Skeet, trap, 5 stand, and sporting clays was not crowded at all, only a sprinkle of people shooting at those ranges. Maybe I visited on a couple lowly Saturdays.

my wish list would be to either open up Tuesdays again to shooting or extend the weekend hours by an hour or two.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:52 pm 
Field Grade

I think Sundays are consistently busier than Saturdays...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

yeah I went today to shoot clays, got there at 950am. Boy was I shocked to see the lot filled. I think I'm going to skip Sundays (today was my first Sunday visiting Bull Run), so I'll try to get out there on Saturdays. I'm thinking Saturdays are less busy because folks go to their kids soccer/football games, etc so Sunday is play day.

Post subject: Re: re: Bull Run Shooting Center
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:34 pm 
Field Grade

sernv99 wrote:
yeah I went today to shoot clays, got there at 950am. Boy was I shocked to see the lot filled. I think I'm going to skip Sundays (today was my first Sunday visiting Bull Run), so I'll try to get out there on Saturdays. I'm thinking Saturdays are less busy because folks go to their kids soccer/football games, etc so Sunday is play day.

I went yesterday and today cause my dad's in town visiting. We got on 5-stand and skeet with no wait and only had to wait 45 minutes to get on the sporting clays field.

today we had to wait in line for skeet, it was ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:23 pm 
Field Grade

Sunday's have indeed as a whole tended to be busier then Saturday's lately. This is oddly a reverse from previous years. Fall on a whole is by far the busiest time of the year out here.

I would encourage people trying to avoid crowds to either come out on weekdays if possible, or if coming out on a weekend to try to get here either in the early morning or in the early afternoon as these "tend" to be a bit slower.

For weekends and also now if you're hoping to get on early Thurs/Fri for sporting clays I would highly recommend making a reservation ahead of time. This time of year it's a lot harder to get in as a walk on with clays being so popular.

Jed Drill
BRSC

Post subject: Re: Bull Run Shooting Center
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 pm 
Tournament Grade

Since they have put in the automated stations at BR, I have not had to wait to go out on any day! Although I miss the camaraderie of the squad system, the convenience of going out when I want with who I want is great! Thanks to the Friends of Bull Run for pushing this through! {hs#