CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How to find places to hunt dove?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

My son and I usually go there on Wednesday night. We usually get there after 6 or so. Maybe we'll see ya there next Wed.

He's shooting an O/U and I'm usually with an 1100. You can't miss us, he hits them all and I'm the guy next up that's miss'n'um all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:55 am 
Field Grade

We might have already met. Does your boy shoot events? I think you pulled for me and a buddy of mine a couple of weeks ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:46 pm 
Presentation Grade

I hope I was nice to you. 8)

Are you the guy that I held off on my instructor type comments until station 7 or so, and you said that you wish that I had said something earlier?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 am 
Field Grade

Air,

To be honest, I don't recall. I was with a short stocky guy, and we shot with a father/son. Father pulled the birds for us and his son, but did not shoot himself. I went there last night, and I was shocked to see it so packed. I shot a couple rounds of skeet on #3 with another friend of mine, and then hit the 5-stand. I'm sure our paths will cross eventually.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:57 pm 
Presentation Grade

We were too lazy to go out there last night. Glad it was packed though, not for your sake, but for the club's. They have to maintain operations in the black or face closing and I'd hate to have to drive 60 miles (Wakefield) to the next range, or 90 to the one just this side of Richmond.

If you like 5-stand, I recommend Sporting Clays. Sussex Shooting Sports (Waverly) is nice as is Old Forge.