CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trap gun selection.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:04 pm 
Utility Grade

Who has the largest selection of Trap guns in the Northern Virginia area? I would like to handle a few side by side to see what fits best before modifications are done. I would like to see as many in the 3K to 4K price as possible.

Post subject: Re: Trap gun selection.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

jj_451 wrote:
Who has the largest selection of Trap guns in the Northern Virginia area? I would like to handle a few side by side to see what fits best before modifications are done. I would like to see as many in the 3K to 4K price as possible.

Take about an hour drive north to Glen Burnie MD to Bart's.

http://bartssports.com/contactus.asp

Or take an hour drive south to Ashland VA to the Bass Pro Shop off of I95.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Am I reading this wrong....Trap Gun, SxS?
Hopefully the OP is looking for 2 guns. I do shoot my SxS on the trap field occasionally for some laughs, but it is not my TRAP GUN.

Defense League, Inc
http://www.ccdl.us

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:26 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

LTB45 wrote:
Am I reading this wrong....Trap Gun, SxS?
Hopefully the OP is looking for 2 guns. I do shoot my SxS on the trap field occasionally for some laughs, but it is not my TRAP GUN.

I think he means he wants to compare the guns side by side, not that he is looking for a side by side as a trap gun.

I always dust off my sxs at the trap range before I go pheasant hunting. It handles differently and always seams to help me get back in the double trigger grove before hunting.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 pm 
Field Grade

If you drive down to the Bass Pro in Ashland, you are within a mile of both Gander Mountain (one more exit south on 95) and Green Top which is a half mile west of Gander Mountain on Rt. 1.

Not sure what any of them have for dedicated trap guns but amongst them they will have many a shotgun to look at. I am putting a Beretta SV10 Prevail sporting on order with Green Top this week.

Bullseye_10x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:00 pm 
Utility Grade

Many thanks all,

I will take the drive to all above mentioned places.

UnitMaster, I am just looking to compare several guns side by side. I like the Browning XT and the Beretta but have yet to compare each the same day. I am also willing to look at the used market in the same price range but have no idea how a very used Perazzi, Kreighoff or CG would fit.