ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Open areas to Shoot in Northern VA
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:40 am 
Utility Grade

I was wondering if any one new an open outdoor area (thats not to far from the Nova Area) where i can go fire some shells with some friends? Someplace where i dont have to 20 bucks an hour per person, or rent there overpriced ammo or eye protection, or sit through a 6 hour saftey course.

Post subject: Re: Open areas to Shoot in Northern VA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:39 pm 
Utility Grade

I lived (past tense) in the NoVA area. Searched high and low for years while I was there. There isn't a place as you describe, else I would have found it. Notice I said past tense? I moved 7 years ago to the Richmond area for 1) a new job, and, 2) a place to shoot. Sorry.

Post subject: Open areas to Shoot in Northern VA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

From the sound of your post, you're not too familiar with shotguns, firearms safety, or the way that shotgun sports work. No club charges per-hour and it would be kind of stupid for anybody to rent the ammo to you -- it won't be of much use to them after you "rent" it, will it? Maybe you should spend a little time learning how things work before you go and kill one of your friends.

Bruce

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Albert Einstein

Post subject: Re: Open areas to Shoot in Northern VA
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 am 
Field Grade

Sounds like you've been to a coupe places I know all to well... No matter your experience/credentials/equipment, they treat you like crap and over-charge the crap out of you. Basically, a crappy experience. :lol:

I was recently introduced to the clays sport and have found Bull Run Shooting Center to be a blast (pun intended). Its in the manassas battlefield park, so not to far out. Their sporting clay course is affordable, and well set up. It offers some freedom in that you and your friends pull your own targets.

There are, of course, some rules to be followed: only load 2x, #7 1/2 or smaller shot, 23" barrel minimum, and the FOUR GOLDEN RULES!!

SAFETY FIRST & HAVE FUN!

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run_public_shooting_center/content/shooting

SEMPER FI!