Shotgun Forum banner

Open areas to Shoot in Northern VA

7K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Skeet Commander 
#1 ·
I was wondering if any one new an open outdoor area (thats not to far from the Nova Area) where i can go fire some shells with some friends? Someplace where i dont have to 20 bucks an hour per person, or rent there overpriced ammo or eye protection, or sit through a 6 hour saftey course.

#3 ·
From the sound of your post, you're not too familiar with shotguns, firearms safety, or the way that shotgun sports work. No club charges per-hour and it would be kind of stupid for anybody to rent the ammo to you -- it won't be of much use to them after you "rent" it, will it? Maybe you should spend a little time learning how things work before you go and kill one of your friends.

Bruce

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#4 ·
Sounds like you've been to a coupe places I know all to well... No matter your experience/credentials/equipment, they treat you like crap and over-charge the crap out of you. Basically, a crappy experience. :lol:

I was recently introduced to the clays sport and have found Bull Run Shooting Center to be a blast (pun intended). Its in the manassas battlefield park, so not to far out. Their sporting clay course is affordable, and well set up. It offers some freedom in that you and your friends pull your own targets.

There are, of course, some rules to be followed: only load 2x, #7 1/2 or smaller shot, 23" barrel minimum, and the FOUR GOLDEN RULES!!

SAFETY FIRST & HAVE FUN!

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run_public_shooting_center/content/shooting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.