ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quantico area?
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:52 pm 
Presentation Grade

I'm up in Quantico for a couple weeks and was wondering if there is anyplace to shoot skeet around here? I can shoot on base on weekends, but am looking for a weekday shoot too.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Post subject: Re: Quantico area?
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:23 am 
Crown Grade

Bull Run is a public range that has skeet Wed-Fri after 3pm:

http://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run_publ ... ng_center/

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 am 
Presentation Grade

S2R thanks, I'm bored outa my skull today and will probably check it out. These guys have an ok facility down here and they only use it one day a week. That's not working for me right now.

Is it just me or is all of Northern Virginia out of ammo? I had to go all the way to Bass Pro to buy a flat the other day.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm 
Crown Grade

lugmastro wrote:
Is it just me or is all of Northern Virginia out of ammo? I had to go all the way to Bass Pro to buy a flat the other day.

I hadn't paid much attention, as I shoot reloads. But a fellow I shot with today was relaying the same thing: he said even the normal ammo channels like Dick's and Walmart are drying up.

He told me he was tempted to get back into reloading...not for the cost-savings, but rather to have a predictable ammo source.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:40 pm 
Crown Grade

It'd be a bit of a drive, but Ft.Lee has a good range that's open most days of the week. I can't remember which day they are closed, you'd have to check on that though.

And I agree with the ammo, I buy shot at $46 a bag (even though I save) simply to have a steady source of ammo.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

Ended up shooting at Bull Run. Nice facility, terribly unsafe shooters. They had ammo and components. Just like any pro shop it was expensive. I only checked CB wads $10/500.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm 
Crown Grade

Whats wrong with the shooters? (never been to Bull Run) 10/500 is better than store price. Stores are 10/250.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:57 am 
Presentation Grade

I started a thread in Skeet Shooters about it....http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=357580. Those prices may be the norm up here, but I am used to seeing 8-9/500 in stores.