ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible relocation to D.C.- looking for Sporting Clays club
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:59 pm 
Utility Grade

Hi there -
My husband and I are both sporting clays shooters. We may be relocating to the DC area for my job which would be in Arlington. I am researching areas to live with a reasonable commute, but most important is access to a good sporting clays club (we do have our priorities)! We live in Ohio now and are members of Hill-N-Dale which is an outstanding club and only 20 minutes from home!
Are there any "shooting home communities" in a commute distance to D.C.? Have seen these in other states. And if not - any excellent clubs you'd recommend that I could look for housing within 30 minutes of the club (and within an hour of Arlington)?
I have always heard there is a lot of sporting clays shooting in the VA area but having trouble finding clubs on line - most seem to be only skeet & trap.
Thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: Possible relocation to D.C.- looking for Sporting Clays
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

Most important is to live as close to work as possible on near subway transit, DC region traffic is one of the worst in the country. 20 miles will cost you an hour in commuting drive time.

2 county park ranges with sporting clays 1/2 hr outside D.C.
Bull Run Shooting Center in Manassas VA (closed mon/tues)
Prince George's Trap & Skeet (open 7 days a week 10-dark), Glendale MD
Both are good, PG is a bigger facility, both are popular and jammed on the weekends.

Other Public Ranges within 2 hours (all are good)

Shady Grove
Old Forge
Central Virginia
Flying Rabbit

PA:
Central Penn
Warrington

MD:
Shraders
Hopkins
Pintail

DEL: