CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snow goose season?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:18 am 
Utility Grade

I saw that there is a special Snow goose season opening soon with a requested permit.

Anyone done this in the past or know where in eastern pa one might actually get a couple looks at these?

I've already found snow goose recipes!

Post subject: Re: Snow goose season?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:46 pm 
Crown Grade

Snow goose is open now...the special permit season allows hunting in March into April and allows e caller use. As for places to hunt, can't help you there. I have seen very few snows this year compared to the last few.

Jeremiah

Post subject: Re: Snow goose season?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:06 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

We've been hunting them the past few seasons (4 or 5 maybe) and this will be the second for the CO season. Like F&F said it allows the use of an e-caller and lets you hunt them into April. There's been some reports that the numbers (especially the juvies are down this year compared to last).

I am the NRA, and I vote

"In the eyes of a tyrant, the patriot is a terrorist.." - DCx2