It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pintail Point Sporting Clays SitRep
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:54 pm 
Crown Grade

Just received the following from one of my oldest shooting partners who is a member at Pintail and who has been monitoring events closely, following the previous owners Chapter 13. If this info later turns out incorrect then, I guess I'll be guilty of rumor-mongering but, for now, it is from a reliable source (he told me about the Chapter 13 filing the same day it was motioned in court!) and the best info I have, at this time. Fingers crossed!:

Pintail Point , 281 Acres plus Hunting, Sporting Clays, Dairy Farm, Waterfront Property sold today for $2,600,000.00! Way below the appraised price according to the Auctioneer! So I guess the Bank took a bath on this one. The good news is that it was bought by the same man who recently bought the Manor House, and it is my understanding that he intends to keep it as a sporting range! Hooray for Shooting in Maryland!

Sincerely, Mark

I make it a point to go out of my way to shoot there every chance I get, until they are definitely back on an even keel!

Post subject: Re: Pintail Point Sporting Clays SitRep
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:54 pm 
Presentation Grade

Any further updates?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:10 pm 
Crown Grade

smkilcz59 wrote:
Any further updates?

Hello and Happy 4th o' July!

Only that I shot there as recently as this past Friday, June 30th, 2012 and, it was "business as usual" (thank Gosh)!

Great targets

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

thor_sen,
Thanks for the reply and Happy 4th to you as well.

Glad to know that the place is still alive and kickin'. I am not to far from them, but most of the time, I head to Hopkins GF.

Post subject: UPDATE: Pintail Point Sporting Clays SitRep
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Hello, everyone!

I got the below from a buddy who always retained his membership status at Pintail and I post here for the general FYI.

While the message is addressed to ‘members’, I think you’ll agree; there is good news in the message for any of us who have enjoyed Pintail, or aspire to shoot the great and now FULLY AUTOMATED course in the future!

Do spread the word!

I pledge to $upport Pintail, Lori and all the other Pintail employees a$ much a$ I can!

I said (and I still commit to) the same thing about Schraders when they were going through 'dark days' and now, they're baaack – and fully automated also!!!

Shoot well, shoot safely!

----- Original Message -----
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 15:25:08 -0400
To: centerfire
Subject: Membership Update (PINTAIL) - September 2012

Dear Members,

First, I would like to thank you for all of your continued support over the years and especially this past year.

There will be some temporary changes to the sporting clay memberships until the transition to the new ownership is complete.

We will not be renewing memberships or selling discount books until all policies and procedures have been reviewed. It is anticipated this will happen very quickly.

Rest assured that the new ownership is committed to keeping and making improvements to the course.

As always please feel free to contact me directly to discuss any questions or concerns.

Sincerely, Lori L.

Post subject: Update: Pintail Point Sporting Clays Update
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:32 am 
Crown Grade

Update: FYI, new toll free #: 855-746-8245

url is same, I think: http://www.theriverplantation.com/activ ... ecreation/

Happy Shooting!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Was there after Thanksgiving. Seemed fine.