It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shyda's Today
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:13 pm 
Presentation Grade

Just a quick FYI

Took a trip up to Shyda's this evening just for something to do and to pick some NOT needed supplies. As stated, just wanted something to do. They do indeed have reloading components. They have a 2K limit on main stream primers. They seemed to have a good supply of powder. Wads were no problem, all makes and models.
They had shot of all sizes, but it was in limited supply.
I did not ask as to when they thought that there may be any relief.
Point is, they still have inventory and still good prices.

Post subject: Re: Shyda's Today
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:38 pm 
Crown Grade

Hmmmm . . . Ha! I just came across this thread and, now that it is a year almost to the day, I can't help but wonder what the current 'status' of things are at SHYDAS, at this point in time?

Thank gosh for SHYDAS by the way, I don't know what I woulda done from 2000 through 2012 without them!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

thor_sen,
Have not been there since I last wrote this. Starting to get low on supplies, so I should be heading up there soon. Not sure exactly when. Most of the guys that I shoot with go to Shydas. One gent was there just a few weeks ago. He told me that they have pretty much of everything except powder.
Best advice. Call first.
As stated, I will need to head up there soon.
I will post of my trip and results when I do. I am guessing that it will be sometime in mid-April.
Yea, I can remember the day when all I had to do was go about 5 miles down the road to get all of my reloading supplies. When that place closed, I traveled about 25 miles. Now, I have to go all the way to Shydas. I enjoy the ride and I think that I cover haz-mat fees with gas!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

Hey thor-sen,
Not sure how things are going on your end. As promised, I took a ride up to Shyda's last Friday. I did indeed call first. They had just received a shipment of powder, the first that they had see in 8 months. I am not sure how much powder they got in, but they were only selling one pound cans. You could only purchase a 3 pound max. I was able to get 3 #'s of WST. I did not see any other powders on the shelves. They did have plenty of everything else in stock. All at there reasonable good prices.

Hope that this helps to some degree.