It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for information on a gun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:52 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a SXS 20 ga. "Matador". It is marked made in Spain. It also marked Firearms International Corp Washington DC.

There are also marking that are hard to read (also in Spanish) which I believe is the manufacturer name: It appears to be Fegurre y Granzoba.

Does anyone know anything about this gun?

Post subject: re: Looking for information on a gun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:04 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Your gun was made by AyA (Aguirre Y Aranzabal) in Eibar, Spain between 1955 and 1963. This was an AyA that was made for a fixed price and marketed by variuos importers. The FIE version was just a cut above some of the other imports. Even Sears and Roebuck offered these guns.

The Matador is now looked at as a sturdy and reliable SxS utility gun. I paid $153 for mine in 1961.

Post subject: re: Looking for information on a gun
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:09 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I second everything A5guy said. Matadors are not expensive, but they are solid shooters. They certainly are a cut above other cheap Spanish doubles of their era.

This is my 12 gauge Matador. It was made in 1961 and I bought it in like-new condition in 1997 for $300. I have seen some advertised recently in the $800 price range.

There was a Matador II and III that had some features that the original Matador did not have, like vent rib, etc.