It is currently Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Keep It Friendly...Might Apply to YOU
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm seeing way too many flames, personal attacks and product bashing/stalking on the forums. Here are some tips I sent to a user by the name of
"Mr. IhateeveryoneI'malwaysrightyousuckandmybuddieswillrunyouofftheforum".

1. You are not ALWAYS right.
2. There is never a GOOD reason to insult someone.
3. Do you treat people like this in face-to-face social events?
4. You weren't born with the knowledge, so at some point you must have known absolutely nothing about shotguns, too.
5. People helped you out....return the favor.
6. This is a privately owned venue and we aren't bashful when it comes to asking the unruly to leave....no matter who you are.
7. Every manufacturer of every brand has a Customer Service department and a Return Merchandise process....do you know why? Because no brand is perfect.
8. If we could buy the $3,000 shotgun we probably would, but when you can only afford $700 then that's what you buy. I apply the same reasoning to buying the Subaru rather than the Rolls-Royce I saw in a magazine.
9. Unless your gun tests included pictures of your children don't be offended when people disagree with the results you post.
10. Respond with courtesy and respect. Picture yourself talking to the other person face-to-face if you have to.
11. "Friendliest gun forum on the net" is something we make every effort to protect.

Post subject: Re: Keep It Friendly...Might Apply to YOU
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:07 pm 
Utility Grade

spot on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:14 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you for your remarks. I've been put down on another forum when asking a question or attempting to help someone with a problem. For an example, I was really put down hard by an individual for spelling a word wrong. It makes you wonder if you want to bother posting again.
Thanks again,
Old Chief (aka: Ed Lyman) {hs#

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Some users on this forum might need a refresher on this post. The general forum has become extremely hostile the last few weeks. I am worried that my frequent reporting of abuse might harm my trigger finger.

Dad - Ruger Red Label
Bro - Winchester Select Field
Wife/Mom - Browning BPS Micro
---------------------
Shoots together, stays together

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:30 pm 

Old Chief wrote:
Thank you for your remarks. I've been put down on another forum when asking a question or attempting to help someone with a problem. For an example, I was really put down hard by an individual for spelling a word wrong. It makes you wonder if you want to bother posting again.
Thanks again,
Old Chief (aka: Ed Lyman) {hs#

Chief:
Please do not take offense at this, but if you go to Google and download their toolbar, it has a spell checker built in that will check the spelling in forum posts. I got it and use it a lot, but probably not enuff. After you post your entry, you just hit their abc/check button before you hit submit. It is actually pretty handy. Give it a try.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

You could also use Firefox as your primary browser. As you type in a forum post, words that are spelled wrong are immediately underlined in red. You then right click the word and choose the correct spelling. You can also add words to the dictionary like Invector.

Dad - Ruger Red Label
Bro - Winchester Select Field
Wife/Mom - Browning BPS Micro
---------------------
Shoots together, stays together

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

I've been using a franklin spelling ace, I had no idea how this spelling thing worked. Now it will be a lot easier. THANKS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm 
Utility Grade

great ideas. i hope more people read and take this to heart. however i think that the effort may be in vein. unfortunately the people who really need to read this, wont. and the ones who really need an attitude readjustment dont care i applaud the effort though

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:13 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello tallzdatank,
We make every effort to insure the 'Friendly' part. Sometimes it takes a village, though.
Regards,
Jay

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:17 am 
Field Grade

True that

BTW, I'd take a Subaru STI over a Rolls-Royce any day =).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:08 pm 
Presentation Grade

:D
You are right in what you say 100%. People that ask questions here are trying to find out alot of information from different people on shotguns. Most people I would say will take the advise on the forum and then make their own judgement.
I can not stand that people insult other people on their views.
One of the best ones I read is ( Why Do They Ask These Questions, Don't They Have An Owners Manual. )
I just bought a $60,000.00 car and they tell you in the manual to change the oil every 5,000 miles, I change the oil and filter every 2,000 miles on all my cars that I have had and put over 250,000 miles on them with no serious engine problems.
My point is even if a person has a manual maybe he wants to do an over kill on the maintenance, or people that have these shotguns have a quicker way or better way to help you with a problem that is not shown in a manual.
Read The forums and if you can not be polite or help some one with your answer DON'T REPLY THE FORUM.
This is a great web sight in my opinion, so lets try to help people in this sport and encourge more people to get into the sport.
Thanks,
Fred W. Steinacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:30 pm 
Presentation Grade

What great suggestions you have printed up here. I also am relatively new to this forum, just starting to respond to different posts. I put up my first one in this section about how many shotguns do you own and how many is enough? Next thing I know there are over 30 responses--and all but 2 were great, funny, I laughed reading them and I really thank them all for sharing input. Now if a person doesn't feel that it is any of my business to ask how many shotguns he owns, why doesn't that person just ignore the post? I have noticed that the 2 negative posts are pretty much negative, condescending, ridiculing to all newbies who are seeking information about something they want to learn more about. My post was just for some light hearted fun and that is all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 pm 
Limited Edition

Mr. IhateeveryoneI'malwaysrightyousuckandmybuddieswillrunyouofftheforum
Very nice name. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 pm 
Utility Grade

i hope this subject will help im new to the site and already have been insulted an talked to like an idiot lol i just wanna talk about guns

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:01 pm 
Field Grade

I'm new to this forum, sure glad I found it, some great information on here! Probably the most informative shotgun forum there is!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 pm 
Utility Grade

Site Administrator,

Thank you for the post. I agree that insults towards others serves no good purpose. I joined this forum for information and found a wealth of knowledge. Site Admin, I especially enjoyed your responses #'s 4, 5, 7 and 8. My experiences so far have been positive and hope things stay that way; friendly.

Lever4Ever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:43 am 
Utility Grade

Info on clydes glide needed ???? I have one need to know how to secive it???
thanks shootin.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 am 
Field Grade

Nice way of teaching manners to adults.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Hey Man I can't tell you how nice it was to read your post! I am very new to the forum but not new to the outdoors. It has always been amazing to me the nerve of some people to flat out act like school yard bullies on the web but wouldn't have guts to say boo in person.

I am sponsored by Burris and will from time to time use this forum to figure out what people think of products that I am using or about to use.... my line of work requires honest feedback form educated users... It wouldn't do me a nickels worth of good to question the Shot Gun World users about a rifle scope but it does serve me and my business very well.... If you ever see a thread from me, you can bet, it's there as an honest attempt to draw information from an educated & active group of users. not to boost ratings or gather fans.

thanks for taking the time to read this. Your Forum is fantastic!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:27 pm 
Utility Grade

I am very glad the air was cleared on that one! People just need to be respecfull and curteous! This place is called a forum where opinions and views are what make a forum!