CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New LL Bean shotguns
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:56 pm 
Tournament Grade

I got my new LL Bean hunting catalog in the mail today and saw their new shotguns. They have an o/u made by Guerini and a SxS made by AYA. They are very nice looking and a bit pricey. The SxS is interesting in that it has double triggers and fixed chokes.

Post subject: Re: New LL Bean shotguns
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 am 
Utility Grade

I have an Aya with fixed chokes and love it. I'd buy one of these guns in a heart beat if I had the funds for another this year.

So many guns................so little time. :o

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:03 am 
Crown Grade

grooves845 wrote:
I got my new LL Bean hunting catalog in the mail today and saw their new shotguns. They have an o/u made by Guerini and a SxS made by AYA. They are very nice looking and a bit pricey. The SxS is interesting in that it has double triggers and fixed chokes.

Haven't seen the LL Bean guns, but AyA make very good shotguns and most of the better SxSs are fixed choke and DT!

Not at all unusual.

It's SxS, DT splinter/English for me!
Shotguns speak in many voices and fortunate are those of us who hear more than one.
May God bless our Union.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:01 am 
Crown Grade

That AyA is basically the same as the Cabela's version of the 4/53 boxlock - Bean's price is right at list. Cabela's version does come with 29" barrels.

Both versions are very well done, and in the realm of quality SxS, a bargain for the price.

"Support our troops; we'll need them to overthrow our government"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:54 am 
Presentation Grade

The reason SxS's have fixed chokes is to give us an excuse to buy another one!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:08 am 
Diamond Grade

The LL Bean over and under in the catalog looked nice and made by C.G. seemed fairly priced for a C.G. It said it had scroll engraving with gold inlays but I was unable to see any in the picture in the catalog. Looks to be case hardened. Nice :!: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 am 
Field Grade

Had I known about these I would have looked/asked when I was talking to the guy at the LL Bean store in Freeport when I was there last week. Oh well.

They do look like nice guns.

And if you are ever in Freeport, ME swing by the LL Bean Hunting store...they have lots of nice shotguns and rifles in there.

E

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 pm 
Limited Edition

grooves845 wrote:

Gee, this would be news for at least one poster on shotgunworld who claims that double trigger guns are "rare" and not being made any more.

Not only are they being made, but available in a catalogue, from a giant commercial retailer like L.L. Bean.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:27 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

If you want an AYA get it from some reputable dealer, not LL Bean. LL Bean is a large contributor to The Nature Consevancy through a range land front. To buy from LL Bean is to hasten the doom of hunting in America.
Not unlike wearing Wrangler.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:05 pm 
Crown Grade

Schmitti wrote:
Had I known about these I would have looked/asked when I was talking to the guy at the LL Bean store in Freeport when I was there last week. Oh well.

They do look like nice guns.

And if you are ever in Freeport, ME swing by the LL Bean Hunting store...they have lots of nice shotguns and rifles in there.

E

\
Wife planned a trip to Maine for lobster rolls, I included LL Bean as a must see...... :mrgreen:

"Support our troops; we'll need them to overthrow our government"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:16 pm 
Limited Edition

not to start some shi? or hijack this thread but the nature conservancy preserves land as wildlife habitat and around me lets anyone hunt their land for upland, waterfowl and deer or wahtever. So how would supporting them hurt hunting, do you have them confused with someone else? I know llbean has great customer service i wouldn't worry about them not giving the same warranty as an authorized dealer because thats what the basically are..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

EVfrom VT,
No sir, there is no confusion. TNC is in the mind of most rural westerners among the most evil of organizations. They have a long and verafiable record. The fact that they allow you to hunt on that ground only tells me that it is to their advandage to do so. In the west they participate in cattle grazing for tax porposes, even though they have been active in shutting ranchers down. They are large scale hypocrites. They are in fact anti hunting, anti grazing, anti logging and anti private property. All they do is in the name of "conservation" Yet they do not keep land in a conserved state in perpatuity as promised. They are now making policy for the US Forest Service and many Fish and Game Depts. in an illegal "Partnership". If you are interested I will be more than happy to provide sources.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

heelerman wrote:
EVfrom VT,
No sir, there is no confusion. TNC is in the mind of most rural westerners among the most evil of organizations. They have a long and verafiable record. The fact that they allow you to hunt on that ground only tells me that it is to their advandage to do so. In the west they participate in cattle grazing for tax porposes, even though they have been active in shutting ranchers down. They are large scale hypocrites. They are in fact anti hunting, anti grazing, anti logging and anti private property. All they do is in the name of "conservation" Yet they do not keep land in a conserved state in perpatuity as promised. They are now making policy for the US Forest Service and many Fish and Game Depts. in an illegal "Partnership". If you are interested I will be more than happy to provide sources.

I don't know where you get your information, but I believe it is as bad as your spelling.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:51 pm 
Tournament Grade

I would be interested in your sources. I hunted last year with the personal assistant to LL Bean himself. In fact she, YES a female, hunted and harvested a moose the year before. From our conversations it appears that a lot of the upper management and Mr Bean, are very pro hunting, shooting, and outdoor sports. The main store in Freeport has a 5 stand shotgun range and offers classes to teach wing shooting. The hunting department is part of the main store and is not hidden from the snob yuppies so as not to offend their delicate senses. There were lots of game mounts in the store on display.

As a side note. The 5 stand is open to the public three days a week after 2:00pm till dark. Check the LL Bean web site or ask at the store or email them for the days. I think that it was Tues, Thurs and Sat. So if you go to Freeport bring your shotgun.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:15 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Mr. Grooves,
The only thing worse than my spelling is my typing. I will apoligise for that on the front side. My information is quite the oppisite. If you will kindly muddle through as best you can I will gladly provide you with sources.
I would ask that you go to rangemagazine.com Look under "Special reports" There you will find several articles by a man named Tim Findley. Mr. Findly is an investigative reporter formerly of Rolling Stone. He has written volumes on TNC. I would suggest starting with NATURES LAND LORDS, THE ARROGANCE OF THE NATURE CONSERVANCY.
Also at the same site you will find two articles by Dr. Michael Coffman of Bangor Maine. TAKING LIBERTY and THE GREENING OF AMERICA (3 parts). There are aslo articles there by Mr. Dan Daggat once a radical enviro and co founder of Earth First!
There is also a website by Dr. Coffman takingliberty.us

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:13 am 
Limited Edition

the nature conservancy does more for hunters around here then any other organization. As more and more rich city folks buy up land and post it they actually give normal non-land owners a place to hunt. they have some of the best hunting around and actually let the public use it. In fact i feel better giving them my money then other organizations, they aren't making anymore land and a lot more city a$$hole$ now own alot more of it. Up here dairy farmers are going out of business everyday I would rather the NC buy it than some schmuck from the suburbs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

AVfromVT.
Yes sir, alot of us here in rural NM used to feel the same way. With all respect sir, you are being had. TNC and groups like it thrive on well meaning people that just want to do the right thing. I was an LL bean coustomer until last year, when I found out that they contributed to TNC.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:30 am 
Crown Grade

TNC is a private organization - they own the land. It is private land. How can they be anti-private land? This is nonsense.

LL Bean has become very upmarket. Much like Orvis it probably sells more clothing to affluent rural and to folk on the Upper West Side than to rural, working folk. This and the very thought of "conservation" will always be a good combo for raising angst.

Shotguns speak in many voices and fortunate are those of us who hear more than one.
May God bless our Union.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:55 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Pumpster,
TNC is a 501c3 a nonprofit. Perhaps it would be better to say that TNC is anti private property for any but themselves. A little reseach would show you this. takingliberty.us is put up by a Phd right there in Maine. Dr. Michael Coffman. He is eminently approahable. Call and talk to him directly. I'm sure he will be happy to talk with you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:51 am 
Crown Grade

heelerman wrote:
Pumpster,
TNC is a 501c3 a nonprofit. Perhaps it would be better to say that TNC is anti private property for any but themselves. A little reseach would show you this. takingliberty.us is put up by a Phd right there in Maine. Dr. Michael Coffman. He is eminently approahable. Call and talk to him directly. I'm sure he will be happy to talk with you.

(My bold)

Paranoia.

"TNC is a 501c3 a nonprofit" I reiterate - TNC is private.

May God bless our Union.