It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta Silver Pigeon, what am I looking at?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 pm 
Utility Grade

I found a Beretta O/U today that I'm considering buying. The only problem is I don't know what model it is so I can check the bluebook price. The hang tag says SP686 but 686 isn't marked on the gun anywhere like the newer ones. Just says Silver Pigeon on the bottom of the receiver and sporting on the barrels. It is a 12 ga. with a wide sporting rib, dull grey barrels and MC tubes. Reciever is nitride (silver) finish but not the deep relief you would find on a 687 SP. SN L98485B. Does that tell me anything about when it was built?

Also has hex inserts in the barrel lugs like they could be replaceable. I thought this was a feature of the higher priced 682's.

Is this one of those very early Silver Pigeons before they went to the 686/687 designations?

Gun is in 95% condition. Any idea what it might be worth?

Thanks.

Jim

Post subject: Re: Beretta Silver Pigeon, what am I looking at?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Did you post this inquiry on the "I love my Beretta" forum? I've tried some questions there and had em answered slicker n snot on a doorknob by some folks that really know their stuff......there is also a method for dating the manufactur of you gun......Art

More irredeemably deplorable than ever before, & being in the right feels pretty good.