Shotgun Forum banner

wards western field 12 gauge model 30

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  watson970 
#1 ·
hey i just got a wards western field model 30 12 gauge,and each time i shoot it i have to manually release the slide i was just wondering if it was dirty or if there is something i dont know about the gun?

#4 ·
i took it apart and gave it a good cleaning and everything seemed to be in working condition,so i took it out and put a couple of rounds through it with a clean feed and i didnt have to manually release the slide so i load it up again and shoot and and once again had to manually release the slide again for both shots,so im not sure if im doing something wrong and then occasionally getting it right or what

#5 ·
When the hammer is cocked, the action slide lock spring allows the slide lock to sit up high enough to block the bolt slide/action bar assembly. See picture 1.

When the hammer has fallen, the curve of the slide lock spring pulls down the front tip of the slide lock to allow disengagement after firing so the mechanism can now be pumped. See picture 2.

Length, curvature, starting and ending rotation position all must be balanced to make correct operation.

I have to rework all kinds of obsolete mechanisms and happen to have some parts to fit these 520/620 etc. variants.

Kirby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.