CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Renato Gamba Infusion Sporting???????
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I need help with any info at all on this shotgun that I ran across. It is a Renato Gamba Infusion Sporting semi auto shotgun. I have searched everywhere & can't find anything at all on it. Most Gamba shotguns are O/U or SXS. But like I said this one is a semi auto. If anyone at all can help with any info it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Chris

Post subject: Re: Renato Gamba Infusion Sporting???????
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:46 pm 
Crown Grade

During the 1970's Renato Gamba offered a wide variety of guns ranging from an inexpensive folding single shot (Milano), utility grade O/U ( Icaro ), slide action ( 2100), O/U Express rifles, SLE single shot stalking rifles, to Boss actioned O/U's, Boxlock and sidelock SxS's, Mauser pistols (under license) and the Model RG/75 recoil operated semi-auto in 12 gauge. Renato Gamba currently offers four gas operated semi-autos, Royal 07, Camo 07HD, Phantom 07 and Phantom 08 as well as the Daytona (design and manufacturing rights to which were purchased from his cousins at F.lli Gamba) and the Concord and LeMans (Brescia-type action).

I have no information on a Model Infusion. The gun should have a date code indicating year of manufacture. You might try sending an e-mail to: infotech@renatogamba.it and ask them for years of production, availability of parts etc..

As with a number of the Gardone area gunmakers, Renato Gamba appears in the past to have marketed some guns which were built by other makers and private labelled for R.G.
Its possible that they continue to do so.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:17 am 
Utility Grade

Thank you for the info. I will contact them & see what they say. I will also look for the date code. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 am 
Utility Grade

I see what looks like a date code of 12/76. Sent email to company but still nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 am 
Utility Grade

Company doesn't seem to want to answer my question. Anybody else know anything about this shotgun?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:47 pm 
Crown Grade

The 12/76 marking on your gun indicates the gauge and chamber length, ie: 12/76 = 12ga./76mm which translates as 12 ga./3". The date code would be expresseed in either Roman numerals (up to 1974) or alphabetic letters (1975 to present day).

Is your R. Gamba Infusion recoil or gas operated? If recoil operated, I suspect that its a Model RG/75. Is an importer's name and city stamped on the barrel or frame? Can you post some pics of the gun with clear close-up photos of all markings on the barrel and receiver?

Regarding your e-mail, it would appear that the factory is so incredibly busy (or short handed) that they can not be bothered responding to enquiries from users of their products or, perhaps as I suspect, your Model Infusion was manufactured by another company and private labelled for Renato Gamba and, as with some other Gardonese manufacturers, they no longer want anything to do with a private labelled product bearing their name. JMO.

Hopefully, one of our European members may be able to provide some information regarding your Infusion model.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 am 
Utility Grade

OK. Thanks for the info on the 12/76. The only other date I see on the gun would be on the receiver near the serial number, it says IT2008. The gun is gas operated. I will try to upload some pics.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:57 am 
Utility Grade

Here are some pics.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /013-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /012-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /011-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /010-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /009-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /008-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /007-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /005-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /004-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /003-1.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh25 ... /002-1.jpg

Lmk what you think & thanks for all the help.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Wow, great looking gun. Looks like a late model.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:36 pm 
Crown Grade

Thanks for the photos. The Gardone Proof House date code (CC within a square) and the actual year stamped on the lower receiver confirm 2008 as the year of manufacture.

The current Renato Gamba on-line catalog makes no mention of an Infusion Sporting model. The receiver of your Infusion differs visually from that of the Phantom which is built by Meccanica Bresciana, Srl (Bremec) which is a division or "daughter" company of Renato Gamba. The trigger guard seems to be the same as that on the Phantom series but, the bolt appears to differ as well as the location of the bolt release button. The ported barrel and ported extended choke of your Infusion, if factory standard, are not mentioned as available for current production Phantoms. Whether there are any other differences between your Infusion and the Phantom series is something I will leave for others to comment on.

BTW, the wood on your Infusion, especially the forearm, is better than that found on a number of higher ticket sporting O/U's!

Hopefully, the factory will respond to your e-mail enquiry and provide information on the Infusion model.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm 
Diamond Grade

Wow! Sorry, don't know the gun but it looks super. Enjoy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:14 am 
Diamond Grade

Maybe no one at Gamba can read English, hence the no response from email :P

I know from past dealings with a couple of other Euro manufacturers, that they will contract out their "international" inquiries received via email to a linguist. Bosis does this, with a contracted linguist from New York...she handles multiple accounts for a number of Euro manufacturers so it may take a while for your inquiry to filter down to someone who can respon via English....

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the responses. The wood on the gun is absolutely beautiful. I hope to find out something about it from them. Or maybe someone else will see it on here & know more. Thanks again to everyone.

Chris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:27 pm 
Diamond Grade

We went to the Gamba factory a couple of years ago (just before the World FITASC in Italy). This was my 2nd trip to the factory and things had changed somewhat in that things were a little slow in the office and factory. This may explain the slow response to your inquiry. Their primary market is high end O/U shotguns.

They had many of the autos like yours, although the majority had stylized synthetic stocks. We were told that they were selling most of these to the Russian market. At that time, there were many Russian hunters/shooters who were heavy with oil money looking to buy Italian guns. The autos were a hot item at that time, although they sold very few to the US market.

BTW, Gamba is a favorite gun of many of the Europeans. Mr. Perazzi got his initial training working for Gamba before starting his company. My wife shoots a Gamba O/U and has had good luck with it.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your new shotgun.

I.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:51 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the info IS. That is very interesting. I look forward to shooting it. I hadn't even had the chance to go out & shoot it yet. Thanks.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 pm 
Utility Grade

TTT