Shotgun Forum banner

Wal-Mart Posting Guns & Prices?

30K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  LOKnLOAD 
#1 ·
#2 ·
They've been there as long as I have been messing with computers, several years anyway. Our WalMart doesn't have the stock that they list though, we had a good counterperson at one time and he made sure to keep the popular items, and would order anything available to the store. He quit and they only keep what HQ sends them now.

They have some really good prices on Remingtons, if you can get them to order. :roll:

#3 ·
yep, walmart has had their prices online for pretty much as long as i can remember. their prices are great as they usually can beat most stores, but availability is another question. if you can find a good sales person to special order you something then you are in luck, but more often than not they probably dont care and will just sell what they are given. i have had good luck with them, but that is totally store dependent.
Tim

#5 ·
I have been guilty of buying guns from Walmart in the past. I probably will never do so again. The $20 you save isn't worth the hassle of buying a gun from people who know nothing about guns. My local dealer will special order me anything I want and always gives me a good deal. I would rather support an independant small business with excellent service!

#7 ·
You save $20 bucks? I went to wal mart the other day and they want 249.00 for the express. Gander mountain sells it for 237.00. At least in my neck of the woods. I remember when I was a teenager I stopped by my buddy's house and his mom was sitting there with a crazy look on her face. I asked her what gives and she said she was practicing her wal mart smile. lmao! I told her she wasn't that stupid and she should tell them to stick it up their @$$$^!!!!!!! She did end up quitting and you know they also made her come in on her days off to do excersises? Do they still do that to their employees? Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me.

#8 ·
They have a 525 Citori Gold field model for 1,489.00, Browning has a retail price of 1,900 on the same gun. I know you can get a better deal than straight retail from a Browning dealer that"s still a pretty good drop. I did notice they don't even show Beretta on the site which is kind of odd with all the discussion about the 390 20ga. for $300.00 that's been going on for a few weeks on the Beretta posts. Wonder if Browning has underbid Beretta for being their upper line guns.

#11 ·
I did notice they don't even show Beretta on the site which is kind of odd with all the discussion about the 390 20ga. for $300.00 that's been going on for a few weeks on the Beretta posts.
A friend of mine bought a 390 20ga. He was told they are discontinuing the Beretta 390 in their line of firearms. He bought his for 350.00 and missed a 12ga for 450.00. I think what is currently in stock is all they have. Not sure though.

#12 ·
I swear Illinois has to be the only place in the whole chain of Wallyworlds that when you ask them about those 20ga guns they look at you and say $529.00 for the 12 and 20. That's a sweet 20 for $350.00.

#13 ·
Rumor has it Wally and Beretta have split the sheets.

I called all the Wal-Marts in my area and they all said their ordering catalogs contain no Beretta products.

G
#15 ·
I live in IL and have Wallmart's within 20 minutes of any direction of my house, but not the Super Wallmarts. Do they still offer the Fausti line of O/U? I am looking for a 2nd. O/U just for a spare, and YES I know it's not a B gun, but I only want to spend the minimum. Also lastg week I was out in AR ona business trip and Wallmart pretty much owns that state being they are based in Bentonville AR. I swear there was a Super Wallmart about every 5 miles I drove. I visited the Super Wallmart across the street from the corp. hq and on ein Fayetteville AR and they had a great selection of guns and a counter person at each location that knew what he was talking about. Too bad I can't get the selection or counter help like that here in IL.

JP

#18 ·
The biggest problem in not prices but finding a Wal-Mart that still carries guns. Even here in Kansas the three closest Wal-Marts to me no longer sell firearms. Ammo, Yes. Guns No. In a few years I bet they drop firearms all together.

#21 ·
Joe123 said:
It's joe123 not Jon , and the only thing in the top right corner is the word quote.
This: Post subject: Re: Wal-Mart Posting Guns & Prices?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 2:54 pm

You went back FIVE, almost SIX, YEARS to reopen a posting and then wondered why it did not contain current information.

Was there a reason for digging up history?

Oh, welcome to the forum {hs#

#25 ·
sneem said:
The biggest problem in not prices but finding a Wal-Mart that still carries guns. Even here in Kansas the three closest Wal-Marts to me no longer sell firearms. Ammo, Yes. Guns No. In a few years I bet they drop firearms all together.
They won't drop them anytime soon. They started downsizing the number of walmarts dealing in firearm sales almost two decades ago. Higher volume stores are still FFL's. They have an old Distribution Center down in Alabama stocking there yearly inventory, we are talking acres and acres of firearms.

#26 ·
McDerry said:
sneem said:
The sports dept mgr at our closest wal mart said that a store that didn't sell 300 guns a year or something like that was going to lose its FFL. In the last 2 weeks I picked up a Black Syn stock Mossberg 935 for $385 and a camo 1187 for $535 before taxes, not bad pricing imo. Hope they keep selling them!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.