CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beloit - Janesville WI area...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:01 am 
Limited Edition

If anyone is from Rock County, Beloit - Janesville area:
There is a place going west out of Janesville and just off of hwy 14 that has trap shooting open to the public. If anyone has any information about this place I would really appreciate it. Info like name, phone number, price, hours, requirements, etc. Thanks again.

Last edited by huntingtoad on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: re: Belit - Janesville WI area...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:03 am 
Field Grade

It should be one of these two.

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2039

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2040

Just realized those are East of Janesville, here's another two.

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2510
http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/2048

Post subject: re: Beloit - Janesville WI area...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:10 pm 
Utility Grade

huntingtoad - Did you ever get this figured out?

The place you are asking about is Gehrig Farms Sporting Clays. Great place if you like hanging out with crazy people that like guns. They are open to the public Tuesday evenings and Sundays and have leagues through the summer. They shut down through mid winter. I'm not sure when they plan on opening for this season.

If you'd like to go this season, give me a call. I can meet you out there, shoot a round with you and introduce you to the some of the regulars. The best crazies are usually there on Tuesdays.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:21 am 
Limited Edition

awalt, at the time i posted this, I was having company for a long week-end we wanted to take a afternoon and do a little shooting. Gehrig Farms was one of the places that we looked at, but they weren't open to the public on the days we needed, so went over to a place in Darien. Gehrig sounds like a fun place, and I would love to come over and meet the crazies! I like crazy people! The only thing is that i work third shift, and most of the time I only have the mornings until about noon to do things. Maybe we could work something out, for a sunday. I'm sure a few of my co-workers would also join in sometimes. What sort of leagues are going on and what is involved? I always thought that would be fun too, as long as the other people are interested in having fun. I'm not that good yet, I just started doing it last spring, just for something to do and have fun with. Thanks for the info and the offer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:28 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

From Monroe shoot at Argyle Gun Club Always looking for some people to shoot with lets look at a meet and greet shoot for WI

Jeremiah

Love my country, but fear the Government

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:46 pm 
Field Grade

I work 2nd shift in Monroe and am interested in the Argyle club. Please reply with info. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

http://www.argylegunclub.com/index.html

let me know if I can answer any questions

Jeremiah
608-438-5199

Love my country, but fear the Government

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:27 am 
Field Grade

8) Morning Guys, I hate to ask what to some might be a stupid question, but........

I live in Crystal Lake, IL, just down the road from the Janesville area. I'd like to come up and do some shooting at these clubs. Do I have to do anything weird, or get any special permits, or whatever, to bring my shotgun and ammunition up there to shoot. After living in the great "gestapo" state of IL for the last 25 years, I've gotten a little punchy on transporting firearms. Any help on this would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Sammy!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I drive to Wi to shoot every week and never worry about it. The laws in IL are worse than WI, so as long as you have a FOI card you shouldn't have a problem.

From Crystal Lake you might want to try Bristol WI, as its closer than Janesville.

http://www.bristolranges.com/

Post subject: Re: Beloit - Janesville WI area...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:01 pm 
Utility Grade

ive been wanting to try that place in Darien. i used to drive by it every day for work but havent gotten a chance to go there. i havent shot since boyscout camp 15+ years ago and have wanted to get out and try it. if anyone is interested in showing a rookie the ropes let me know.