CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: To many deer in Indiana.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:30 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

A bill just passed the IN house to extend the deer season a full week and liberalize the use of cross bows. They included the use of rifles with handgun rounds last year. These are some of the most liberal regulations in the states. The new moves stem from over $100 million in insurance claims last year. Indiana has one of the finest deer management programs in the midwest.

Post subject: re: To many deer in Indiana.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:10 am 
Field Grade

Wonder when they will legalize the use of normal rifles. Most of the arguments against them can easily be refuted by fact. Where I live the shotgun is about perfect with the heavy brush and hills.

Post subject: Re: To many deer in Indiana.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:31 pm 
Utility Grade

Really weird they won't allow a 30-30 rifle but you can use a 6mm BR,30-30-,300 win mag etc in an Encore!
I use a 44mag Marlin in the northern top of state, would love to use my 35 Remington Marlin 336, really dumb you can use a 35 Rem in a 16 inch Encore but not in a rifle

Post subject: Re: To many deer in Indiana.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:53 pm 
Field Grade

Old post but I will chime in again. You can use high powered rifle to take coyotes and the unwanted Russian blue boar, but are limited to shotgun for deer. If Indiana is too flat to safely use a rifle for deer how can it be safe to use on other animals?