CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Opinions of CCKC in Bristol, WI.(Bristol Shooting Range)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:23 pm 
Utility Grade

Can anyone share information about Bristol? Does it have a good rep? How are the facilities compared to other clubs in the NE IL, SE WI area? Overall would you recommend joining? What could be improved and what is good about it?

Sorry for all the questions in advance and thanks for your responses.

Post subject: Re: Opinions of CCKC in Bristol, WI.(Bristol Shooting Range)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:11 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I have been a member there now for a year and shoot there about once or twice a week. The place is nice and the folks are very friendly. There are 5 trap fields and 2 skeet fields. On most days the traps are busier and they use only the new skeet field as most folks don't like to walk to the old one.

There is also one of the nicest rifle and pistol ranges around. 15 ft to 200 yards with all covered shooting spots and 10-15 indoor shooting spots for when the weather gets really bad.

Membership is only $75 a year and if you shoot a reasonable amount you will make that up in savings very quickly.

The only issue that I have is that we had a visitor/quest shoot trap with 00 buckshot. After his round of trap we could hear a neighbor yelling that their house was been hit and damaged by the longer range ammo. This caused a new rule that the club put in place this month. All members' ammo is subject to inspection (7 1/2 or smaller for trap, 9s on the skeet field) and ALL guest must buy ammo from the club. That is what I don't like since if we inspect members ammo why not guests? For reloads they have even cut open rounds to check shot size. These new rules were put in place by the BOD which is run by rifle and pistol shooters that only want to reduce their exposure and have not thought this through clearly as it affects the club's ability to attract quests and therefore affects revenue.

That being said I admitt that I really enjoy shooting there and the folks that shoot skeet regularly are a great bunch of guys.

Come check us out.

Post subject: Re: Opinions of CCKC in Bristol, WI.(Bristol Shooting Range)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:32 am 
Utility Grade

mike1161- thanks for the reply.