ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Colorado target shooters
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

Alright all you Colorado target shooters. Now that we have "found" the CO forum how about we plan a get together soon. The weather is finally getting nice.

Post subject: Re: Colorado target shooters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:39 am 
Field Grade

I'm with you, Deano, anytime or place....well almost anytime or place... or if any of us just want to get together for a couple of rounds would be great also. I usually shoot at Cherry Creek but that's just because I am a member there. Any place that will allow general shooting is ok with me.

I understand everybody in this country doesn't agree with the decisions I've made. And I made some tough decisions. But people know where I stand.
George W. Bush

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

Hey guys, i am up for any get together shootouts... im located in Denver

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:26 pm 
Field Grade

Are any of you shooters available to shoot during the week or are you limited to the weekends?

I understand everybody in this country doesn't agree with the decisions I've made. And I made some tough decisions. But people know where I stand.
George W. Bush

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:52 pm 
Field Grade

I'll be in Denver this week for a conference. I'm bringing my scattergun along and would like to shoot Tues and Wed. (5th & 6th) afternoons/evenings. Probably after 3:30 each day. Mainly interested in sporting, but am open for anything. If anyone is interested, I'll check back in here, or you can email me [email protected] I check that several times a day.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:12 am 
Presentation Grade

weekends work best for me. Every now and then there will be an odd weekday that I can escape work and shoot, but nothing like that in the short term.
Was at Cherry Creek today, went to trap shoot but it rained so I worked with my rifle... saw some nice deer and a couple of pheasant roosters

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:58 am 
Field Grade

Well guys, it's been a little windy this week so I haven't been out to Cherry Creek. Any more thoughts on a get together for coffee or something? Maybe some Sat morning at the Villiage Inn in Littleton or some place in Lakewood or Englewood? :D

George W. Bush

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:59 pm 
Field Grade

Where has everybody been.....got out to Cherry Creek today and finally got out of my 19's slump and back to the 23's.... was a pretty good day today..

George W. Bush

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:02 am 
Tournament Grade

I shot some doubles for the first time Thursday afternoon and had a lot of fun. Going Sunday to Pike's Peak GC for day two of the three day ATA shoot.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:58 pm 
Tournament Grade

All I can say is that you guys are fortunate to have several places to go. In the SW part of the state, there isn't anywhere to go without driving a few hours.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:45 am 
Field Grade

Aurora GC and Golden GC are only open to the public on weekends. Both trap and skeet at both clubs. Not sure, but I've been told Buckley AFB has skeet and trap that is open to the public. Even non-military. I find this hard to believe, but that's what I've been told. I'm a trap shooter primarily so I'd be up for anyplace with a trap field and would love to meet some of you guys.

PS - I used to belong to the Aurora GC and I recall that thier trap fields were very often booked for special shoots, not ATA but stuff like blackpowder trap and such. I now mostly shoot at Golden GC (which isn't in Golden...it's in Watkins) and have never had to wait to get onto a field. No trapboys there. They do have voice activated machines. If you don't like the auto someone has to sit out and pull every round. Not a problem for me. I prefer a human to a machine that throws a bird everytime I close my BT100.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm 
Presentation Grade

I would love to attempt dusting some clays in the next couple of weeks... then I will be moving with the family to Houston... hopefully to be able to come back some day... I am without a shotgun, except a trap Perazzi that belongs to a friend... and it shows that money cant buy talent (in my case not his... of course the rib and stock are adjusted for him so that is MY excuse)

pablo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:25 pm 
Field Grade

hello! I live in northern Colorado(Johnstown) and like to go up to Great Guns in Nunn. I can shoot any day I am not golfing. Sporting,skeet, 5 stand, I don't shoot trap.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:09 am 
Field Grade

I'm down in SoCO. I would love to meet up with anyone who would like to shoot any clay games at Pikes Peak Gun Club!!!