ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Hug the hunter/angler" ad campaign.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:49 am 
Presentation Grade

Dear Colorado outdoorspeople, could you spare a moment to share your opinion about the "Hug the hunter" ads.

Apparently, it's the only campaing of this kind, never heard of anything like that in the US or in the world. Google search comes up with the Colorado Wildlife Committe and the ad agency's web sites, which say it's a big success and helps a lot.

But I wonder what do Colorado hunters and anglers themselves feel about these "hug the hunter" ads? Are they really noticed by the general public? Did you feel their impact themselves (e.g. a coworker going "I used to kind of hate hunting but now I kind of don't mind it")? Do you mind paying the extra $.75 for your licenses to finance that?

Thanks in advance.

Humpty Dumpty, a.k.a. Aleksei Morozov, freelance writer for Russian Hunting Magazine, Russia (www.rhm-magazine.ru)

Experientia est optima magistra.

Post subject: Re: "Hug the hunter/angler" ad campaign.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:03 am 
Field Grade

Never heard of it, but have just Googled and had a look at the site and videos. I'm not sure how effective the campaign is, but with the amount of anti gun, and anti hunting bias in the mainstream media, any campaign trying to paint a positive picture of hunting is a good thing in my opinion.