It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Euro mounts I did
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:24 pm 
Utility Grade

I started doing these for some extra money to help with all my hunting exspenses. what do you guys think here are a few.

Post subject: Re: Euro mounts I did
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nice. I've done a couple myself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

nice job. I just did my first one... I believe that I boiled it toooo long and hard. I broke the nose bones..

Still looks pretty cool and I'll try again with my next few deer.

Maggs

Last edited by maggs01 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hey Bparks,

How did you mount the skull on the board? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Thanks,

Maggs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

maggs01 wrote:
Hey Bparks,

How did you mount the skull on the board? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Thanks,

Maggs

I'm sure Bparks will answer with his method, but there are several methods. The method I've come up with is ut use an 11" white cable tie (aka zip tie). There are three pairs of holes on the underside of the skull in the bran area. I pass the cable tie through one of the pairs of holes, depending on which pair makes the head "fit" the board best, then down thru a hole in the panel, then back up through another hole about 1" from the first hole, then zip it and draw it tight. I've used this method for years and have not had one failure. Since the head can move around a little even when drawn as tight as possible, i put a little tiny drop, or touch, of hot melt glue on each point where the head contacts the panel, meaning the two bones protruding down from the ear holes area and the second or third molar. I do this prior to attaching the skull, just to give it some traction so it doesn't slide around and scar the panel.
As I said, there are many ways to acomplish this. Below is a visual aid to help understand my method.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Great Picture.. I think that'll work fine (simple is always good for me !! :) ). for now, I've put two screws in the wall. I to hang it on and the other to simply stop the head from tipping forward.

thanks for the reply!

Maggs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:22 pm 
Utility Grade

The zip tie is a neat idea never seen that. I actually just drill a small hole in bottom of skull and screw it down from the back of the panel.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Great. Thanks for checking back. I've still got to get a panel/board to mount it on, so I'll keep these thoughts in mind.

Thanks guys!

Maggs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Nice mounts! Would you happen to have any similar mounts for sale at the moment?