ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lead for Fishing OK for now.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:26 pm 
Presentation Grade

Good news!!! I received the following E-mail looks like for now we can still use lead for Fishing. A500R

Thanks to your help, on Thursday, November 4, 2010, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rejected the petition to ban lead in all fishing tackle.

The EPA and Members of Congress received more than 43,000 messages from anglers just like you opposing a federal ban on lead in fishing tackle. Your voice was heard and had a direct impact on the EPA’s decision.

Despite the good news, the fight is not over! There is still work to be done and we can’t do it without your help.

Donate now to help KeepAmericaFishing™ keep the EPA out of fishing.

Legislation recently introduced in Congress will ensure future efforts to ban lead in fishing tackle are based on scientific fact, not guess work or unproven claims. If this legislation fails to pass, the costs of sinkers, jigs and other fishing tackle will significantly increase.

Donate now to help KeepAmericaFishing advocate and preserve your right to fish on our public waters.

Your contribution will directly support KeepAmericaFishing’s efforts to keep our nation's waters open, clean, and abundant with fish now and for generations to come.

Thank you for sharing your voice.

Here’s to tight lines!

Gordon Robertson
KeepAmericaFishing™

Post subject: Re: Lead for Fishing OK for now.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 am 
Limited Edition

Massachusetts has banned lead sinkers under 1 oz. to protect the Common Loon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm 
Field Grade

bdicki wrote:

Sent from my Z796C using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:15 pm 
Diamond Grade

Give this guy a look. I know him personally and he makes these weights in his backyard. Flame away, but I support the lead ban. I personally fish lures, but the prices don't look bad to me at all.
http://www.rockybrooksinkers.com/shop

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:15 pm 
Limited Edition

bdicki wrote:

Your politicians eat lead sinkers ?.....................................................

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Where does leas come from? They dig it up out of the ground. Lead is one of the 82 naturally occurring elements. All this environmentalism is just a front for gun control. They will do whatever is necessary to restrict lead because it is used to make bullets.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:03 pm 
Crown Grade

The only real loons in Massachusetts are the politicians! I would prefer to ban politicians. We need term limits really bad!! Since when did agencies get authority to make laws?? I thought laws had to be passed by congress, such that it is! To say we have half a congress would be a stretch. Take away the demorats & the RINOS & there ain't much left!