It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: New ammo sales and pellet counts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:50 pm 
Field Grade

Are these 10 round boxes and do you plan on offering different loadings in the 16 ga such as a 7/8oz or 1 oz load. I know you can get 1 oz from RST but a 7/8 oz load in the smaller shot sizes would be nice.

Also, how are the patterns with the 1 1/8 oz loadings? I have read from other experienced users posts that Nice Shot likes lighter loads. I'm thinking about a 2nd barrel load for late season pheasant in #5 or #4.

Can you maybe put up a sticky on the pellet counts per oz of each shot size? I myself and others would love to know. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: New ammo sales and pellet counts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:47 pm 
Tournament Grade

legalyaker wrote:
Are these 10 round boxes and do you plan on offering different loadings in the 16 ga such as a 7/8oz or 1 oz load. I know you can get 1 oz from RST but a 7/8 oz load in the smaller shot sizes would be nice.

Also, how are the patterns with the 1 1/8 oz loadings? I have read from other experienced users posts that Nice Shot likes lighter loads. I'm thinking about a 2nd barrel load for late season pheasant in #5 or #4.

Can you maybe put up a sticky on the pellet counts per oz of each shot size? I myself and others would love to know. Thanks.

Legalyaker,
Yes, I do plan on getting into more loads for everyone's choice but I started off with the heavier loading to get the business going before I entered into more diverse loadings. Consider #6 for pheasant too. Majority of my ducks were taken with #6 shot at 35-45 yards, mod choke, 16 gauge 1-1/8 ounce load. One shot kills.

I'll work on getting the pellet count info posted too. And they are 10 round boxes except for 20 gauge which are 12 round boxes.
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:23 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you. I'll try out the #6 and #5s this year come October.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:28 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am using 7/8oz (15/16's as bar drops somewhere in this range) of nice shot #5 and #6 out of my 16ga's for pheasant, mostly because I was cheap and wanting to get more out of the expensive shot. But I have had zero trouble killing birds with it and will stick to that load.

Using 1 1/16oz of Nice Shot 5's and 6's in the 12 ga.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:53 pm 
Field Grade

Nice Shot wrote:
legalyaker wrote:

Legalyaker,
Yes, I do plan on getting into more loads for everyone's choice but I started off with the heavier loading to get the business going before I entered into more diverse loadings. Consider #6 for pheasant too. Majority of my ducks were taken with #6 shot at 35-45 yards, mod choke, 16 gauge 1-1/8 ounce load. One shot kills.

I'll work on getting the pellet count info posted too. And they are 10 round boxes except for 20 gauge which are 12 round boxes.
Dan

Did Dan ever compile the info on pellet count per oz of the various sizes? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

It is essentially the same as Tungsten-Matrix and always has been.

Denser than bismuth, slightly less dense than 3% antimony lead. Essentially a lead equivalent, the closest thing that there is.

http://randywakeman.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm 
Utility Grade

The pellet counts for Nice Shot should fall close to Magnum Grade Lead, correct? :?:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:59 pm 
Tournament Grade

Yes they are.

chico wrote:
Anyone know the pellet counts in the 1 1/8oz. loads for the 16ga in #5 and #6 shot? Thanks guys!!!

256 in the #6 and 205 in the #5 These were just two random shells I tore apart to see.

Dan

A standard lead load of 1-1/8 ounces should be 251 of #6 and 194 of #5.

viewtopic.php?f=217&t=242311