ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: Nice Shot Reload Book
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 pm 
Tournament Grade

I got an Email with reload data for Nice Shot from Precision Reloading.
I was wondering when some kind of book with reload
data is coming out or is it unnecessary?

Post subject: Re: Nice Shot Reload Book
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm 
Tournament Grade

johnsonevinrude wrote:
I got an Email with reload data for Nice Shot from Precision Reloading.
I was wondering when some kind of book with reload
data is coming out or is it unnecessary?

Precision has been compiling data and I'll talk to Keith to see what the near future holds for the printed data. I think it is needed just to give everyone that extra bit of knowledge. Staying away from the max-pressure loads is good but I'd like to have it in print.

The big thing is, with all the different components available for shotgun ammunition, where do you start and finish. Do I draw the line at certain hulls, wads, powders? People calling the tech line really help because it gives us an idea of what is being used or what is needed.

Dan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Nice Shot wrote:
The big thing is, with all the different components available for shotgun ammunition, where do you start and finish. Do I draw the line at certain hulls, wads, powders? People calling the tech line really help because it gives us an idea of what is being used or what is needed.

Dan

Just a couple of thoughts ... if you're looking for a starting place maybe limit the powders and primers to those that don't have performance issues in cold weather ...

Another thought is to maybe start with the loads that were popular when lead was legal.

I would also try and limit the amount of different hulls to just a couple different ones like the STS, Federal Gold Medal, and maybe a Cheddite for 2-3/4" 12 gauge.

Just my .02

I am the NRA, and I vote

"In the eyes of a tyrant, the patriot is a terrorist.." - DCx2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:31 pm 
Tournament Grade

I appreciate your input Captn66. I'm just getting caught up on everything now. (lots to do, little time)

Dan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

I was talking with Keith at Precision Reloading today. He said they have acquired a lot of data for Nice Shot and are getting ready to publish it. Keith said that they can email data to you by request.

http://www.precisionreloading.com