ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: Should have loaded the Nice Shot
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:54 am 
Presentation Grade

Went grouse hunting this week, when it wasn't raining anyway.
Walked a WPA and threw in some steel loads in 16ga. (which are not very good loads)
I had plenty of non-tox with me but in 12ga and at this particular time, had the 16ga so just threw in the steel that I had.

Pointed sharptail, got up at about 25 yards, I shot him and feathered the bird like I shot a pillow, he just kept flying until out of sight. Never have I put shot on a sharptail and not had it go down (although have had some that were real good "coasters")

Dang steel. I know, my fault had I put it where it needed to be, would have knocked him down, but I don't always do that.

Had I loaded nice shot for the 16ga this trip, would have gotten that bird, I am convinced.

Ordering some 7.5's today.

Post subject: Re: Should have loaded the Nice Shot
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

Sorry to hear about the bird but I am glad to hear the faith you have in Nice Shot.

What loads do you usually use in your 16?

Dan

Post subject: Re: Should have loaded the Nice Shot
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:25 pm 
Presentation Grade

Cheddite hull and primer
26grains of Longshot
SG16 wad
1 oz of Nice Shot
1345 fps
8700si
(roll crimped)
This was tested by Tom Armbruster
I have since loaded the Z16 wad and the Guiliandi wads but have not had them tested.