ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: reloading info .
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

The price of this product is why their is no manual yet.The cost to test is more than many want to spend .We want tested load data . invest with your sales team , Light loads that will work in cold , cold weather will sell .Your main sales will come from reloading .This is just my take for what its worth .

Post subject: Re: reloading info .
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

pkn45s

For what its worth, I get the impression that everyone thinks that I am a large corporation hell bent on taking your money. Truth be known, I work as a Tool maker / CNC programmer during the day, run the family farm in the afternoon, and sell shot and ammunition in the evenings. As for the sales team, I'll have a meeting with myself after I get done here.

But I will be looking into getting the data for the cold weather loadings.

Regards,
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:57 am 
Diamond Grade

From what I have read from guys that use Nice shot, and what I have seen by using it, and what I have been told by my supplier up here, if the cold weather load works for lead, it'll work for Nice Shot.
Load 'er up and give 'er ! :D
I live in Northern Alberta and did not have any issues with Nice Shot last year using H110 , or Longshot in my 28 gauge, at least not that I could tell.
Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:35 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Davide! {hs#

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:05 pm 
Presentation Grade

Man, your sales meetings must be brutal. On the bright side, you are always right!!

I try to help with sales. Nice shot is the ticket for non-toxic shot in older shotguns.
I also use it in steel capable guns, because I can use same load, just use the nice shot.
I promote it wherever and whenever I can.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:32 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Oddgauge, I really appreciate it! The sooner the message gets out the bigger orders I can make for materials which costs less, and helps everyone.

Regards,
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:19 am 
Tournament Grade

About 94 hours from now, I'll be emptying my shells of NICE on some ducks!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

We need a power point conference, data, graphs and charts with photos of your success. Just kidding, let us know how you do!

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:27 pm 
Tournament Grade

well the best laid plans sometimes don't go as anticipated. 1st day was rough as the birds decided to go about 500 yards away from me and land; after I've been watching them use the same spot for 3 weeks! even young birds on 1st day of season don't decoy where they don't want to be. so I had to go to them and it took half the day to get a limit.

2nd day was spent calling for my buddy and his son. had alot of fun---mainly watching them miss and miss and miss until they had used all of their shells and some of mine---even though I only had 10 shells with me. just glad they were shooting factory steel! I thought that after a summer of sporting clays things would have been easier but clay targets are only a simplistic representation of a live bird. it would be helpful if they wouldn't move when birds are 35 yards away and turn the shot into a 50 yarder but that seems to be a function of only hunting 1-2 times a year. I got some birds but no limit as I fired just a few shells but it was still a good day outside.

Don't have enough experience to make a great call but in hindsight I probably would pass on the #6 NICE and stick with an ounce of #5's as the all purpose load. Sixes would probably be excellent if we had an early teal or woody season but with a spread of species at varying ranges the results were mixed. I need to remind myself that this isn't heavier than lead and I can't expect the same punch at long range that I have grown accustomed to. Heck I've given up #6's in lead for pheasants after using that for years in favor of #5's so I think I'll apply the same strategy for waterfowl.

Overall I'm still pleased with NICE and will probably try out some #4's next for when the shots aren't on top of the decoys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:43 pm 
Tournament Grade

BigBlackBirds, Thanks for the update! Sorry it wasn't a perfect hunt but at least you weren't at work. It is amazing how fast some of those birds fly. I like using one of my 10's for goose hunting just because they are so heavy. Once I get the swing going it is harder to un-thinkingly < is that a word?> stop it by accident when I go to pull the trigger. I don't think I've ever missed a bird by shooting in front of it. I really have to think follow through with my 16 on ducks.

I'm glad your pleased with the shot and look forward to hearing more from you.

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:36 pm 
Tournament Grade

It's always great just going out. As I've gotten older, I spend more time watching birds than shooting.

By seasons end, hopefully I will have used up an equally sufficient amount of both the #5's and #6's to give an even better opinion.

Any thoughts on a starting payload with #4's? Perhaps 1 1/8oz versus the ounce I'm currently loading. At first glance it seems awful light but it does stream pretty tight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:50 pm 
Tournament Grade

It maybe over kill at times but I use 1-1/8 ounce for just about everything. Even the #2s for geese. I had the 1-3/8 loads made up for the people that kept requesting them and they work well too. As long as you have a good even pattern and place your shot well, I'd just use what you were comfortable with.

Hope this helps!
Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thank you for all the replies . Was gone antelope hunting . I did not know you where alone on this endever (sorry)! I am looking forward to your cold weather data . I hope this will include snappy 7/8 oz (max),12 ga loads with dr xxl(pink) wads .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

No worries pnk45s! Email me what you usually put together for that 7/8 load ( low pressure? velocity, powder choice. ) and I'll look into getting it checked out. [email protected]

And how was your hunt?

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:55 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks Dan .The best family trip,weather was great for hunting and sight seeing in the black hills, best part was a 233 yrd shot by my 14 yr old girl, her first big game hunt . I will be testing some soon . I will put it in a freezer to see how it will work in the cold . the load will be 3/4 oz (12 ga)at (apox) 1400 fps . I will keep you posted . Do you know if a 3 1/2 in 12 ga is built for more psi ? If it works I will get you load info to test psi and fps .

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Update ! I ordered 2 kilos of #5 for the (cold late season)migration to test. Dan ;(percision reloading); Wow, are they great to deal with , Great choice to help you get started . I will post more on my 3/4 oz 12 gauge load soon . I will have them test also .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:02 pm 
Tournament Grade

recieved order in 2 days . 1 kilo loaded 46 rounds and worked perfect with my clay target loading components ;(actually better ) . 139 # 5 pellets, close to my 3 Inch 1 1/8 # 2 steel load .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 pm 
Tournament Grade

Excellent! :B3