CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: BP cartridge gun and Nice Shot
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

Well, we had a rough go down south this week - between ponds freezing and geese not where they were supposed to go for the morning shoots, it was pretty dismal! :oops:
I DID shoot a good sized gander with my Westley Richards double hammer however, loaded with 80 thrown grains of FFG and an equal amount of #2 Nice Shot! :D
Bad news is the pic is on my phone and Ii don't know how to get it onto my computer! :(
The bird came in at about 30 yards, and although I made a lousy shot, it broke both wings and drove a few right into the chest of the bird - I will hunt again with this load for sure!

I also shot a ring neck rooster with the same gun , loaded with 80 grains of FFG and #4 Nice shot - the bird was DRT (dead right there) from about 20 yards.
The shot charge seems very good in this combination, so I will not vary it, but only wanted to try the pheasants with the #4 for testing, I'll save the lead for those critters from now on.
However, I will continue to use Nice shot in my W.R. for ducks and geese whenever I get the chance to.
Recoil was low, BTW, and although the shot charge seemed a tad slow, it penetrated more than enough, and it is easy on both the old gun AND my beat up shoulder! :mrgreen:
Davide

Post subject: Re: BP cartridge gun and Nice Shot
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Davide Todd wrote:
Bad news is the pic is on my phone and Ii don't know how to get it onto my computer! :(

Davide - If its on your phone there are some sights where you can email a picture message directly from your phone to your account. From there you can either post it here or save it back to your computer's hard drive for your future use. I've used photobuck and facebook before for both. I'm sure there's others.

I am the NRA, and I vote

"In the eyes of a tyrant, the patriot is a terrorist.." - DCx2

Post subject: Re: BP cartridge gun and Nice Shot
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 am 
Diamond Grade

Well, I FINALLY figured out I could out a chip in the phone, and was able to stumble through and get the pics on my photobucket!
Here's a couple of them , sorry the pictures aren't very clear.
This is the first goos that I shot with my Westley Richards hammer double , loaded with 80 grains of FFG and an equal amount of #2 Niche shot- about 1 1/16oz.
That gun likely hasn't shot a goose in 75 years!!

Davide