ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: Re: Hevi-Shot Fires Back
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

suddenthunder wrote:
Will Nice Shot ever make a 2 7/8 10ga load for waterfowl hunters like myself? 3 1/2's are not so good in the older sxs and I like my shoulder where it is. I need to learn how to reload I'd bet.Older SXS'S are my guns for upland,waterfowl, ect.The older ten's are the best for all if you don't mind the weight of one . Help us out here with the 10ga loads folks 2 7/8 would be a great start!

We're working on making sure all gauges are coverd. RST Classic has a 2-7/8 10 availabe with Nice Shot in their low pressure loads: http://www.rstshells.com/rst_classic_sh ... shells.htm

Regards,
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 pm 
Field Grade

Well I am placing an order with RST tomorrow, so I will be getting some Nice shot loads .I was hoping to hear you folks would be producing your own shells that's all, Is there plans for this in the future for the 10ga ? THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO! MAKE IT A GREAT DAY MIKE , SUDDENTHUNDER, :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:17 pm 
Crown Grade

I didn't read Randy's original article but I did read Hevi-shot's reply & Randy's reply to the reply. First, Hevi-shot was definately a pioneer in non-toxic development. I have & still load it & it works very well. I have also used Nice Shot & most of the other non-toxic alternatives offered on the market. I have no problem with companies advertising the best qualities of their products. If you don't blow your own horn, nobody is going to blow it for you.
I do have to agree with Randy on one important point he makes. When I but any non-toxic product, I want to know what I am getting. I don't care what you want to call it & I don't give a flip about advertising jargon. The only things that matter are what is the density of the shot, how hard is it, what guns can I safely shoot it in & how much does it cost. I don't appreciate having to launch a research project to find these facts or to find out if the specifications of a product have been changed. Also, I like to load my own as I don't care for the way the Ammo companies load them in most cases. There is no need for a pellet with greater density than lead to travel at 1500 fps. Loaded that way they are hard on me, my gun & don't kill a bit better. With the exception of steel, density kills, speed sells but not with me.