ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: Nice shot and buffers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:02 am 
Tournament Grade

This kind of goes hand in hand with my turkey hunting post. Is there any data out there using Nice Shot and buffers? Can lead loads using buffers be used with nice shot? Seems to me that one might be able to stretch ones dollar a bit and make lighter loads tighten up by using buffering agents.
Any info would be appreciated.....thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Nice shot and buffers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:06 pm 
Tournament Grade

I would have to consult with Keith at Precision Reloading for the buffered loading data.
Yes you can stretch your dollar by using less and still get a good pattern and buffer will help.
Remember that Nice Shot shoots and kills like an equal size lead shot but holds a better pattern on its own. Because of this I haven't used buffer in any of my hunting loads.

Dan