It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: Nice Shot Availability
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:55 pm 
Utility Grade

I'm looking to handload some nice shot for the upcoming season, but it appears Precision Reloading is out of bulk Nice shot in the sizes I want (#2's for Geese and #4's for Ducks/Pheasants). Is there any news on whether Nice Shot will continue to be sold through Precision? Are there production delays/issues or will bulk shot be sold elsewhere?

The $64 per Kilo price as offered by Precision was about what I was willing to handload for non-tox, and am wondering if there are price increases on the way and perhaps that explains a limited inventory availability.

Inquiring minds....

Post subject: Re: Nice Shot Availability
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:19 pm 
Field Grade

Have you tried the Ecotungsten website? I haven't ordered from it but it appears to be available there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 pm 
Field Grade

Contact Dan directly:

(814) 434-2776

dan_tercho@niceshotinc.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 am 
Field Grade

Glad I am not the only one waiting too long to order and stressing out :)

Has anyone ordered from Dan directly? Prices/lead time similiar? I need some #4's, not sure why I didn't order them earlier when I got the 5 & 6's for Teal season.....

Thank you,
Dave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:59 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Big run on Nice Shot!

Bulk shot sold out except for #5 and #7-1/2.

Loaded ammo only is available at present the for other shot sizes.

Call or e-mail Dan directly for more info.

http://randywakeman.com

Post subject: Nice Shot Availability
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 am 
Tournament Grade

I actually prefer the #5's for ducks. I have even killed large Canadas with it as well, but normally use #4's for geese with no problems

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 am 
Field Grade

I think the #5's the first barrel for the "over the decoys" shot will be good, but since I have two triggers and a tighter choke to utilize I want something larger in case of a passing shot. Just ordered some #2's from Precision but I did e-mail Dan asking about #4's.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:41 am 
Field Grade

Trent from Precision replied already, going to be 2-3 months before they get more Nice Shot in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:29 pm 
Tournament Grade

We have a very limited supply on hand at the ecotungsten web site but I'll take the blame for under estimating the demand for Nice Shot. We will work through this and hope you good people are patient with me for a bad judgment call. I know a lot of you will be skeptical but try the 7-1/2 for ducks.

Regards,
Dan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:37 pm 
Tournament Grade

B391U2 wrote:
The $64 per Kilo price as offered by Precision was about what I was willing to handload for non-tox, and am wondering if there are price increases on the way and perhaps that explains a limited inventory availability.

I was betting on the price of tungsten coming down, so I didn't have to increase the price of Nice Shot.

Dan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 am 
Field Grade

Well I would say it is great that demand is up for Nice Shot. I'm guessing China will keep hoarding tungsten though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:54 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nice Shot wrote:
I know a lot of you will be skeptical but try the 7-1/2 for ducks.

Regards,
Dan

It really wouldn't surprise me if those 7 1/2's work. I was very impressed with the #5's on geese! I sure hope the price of tungsten returns to a reasonable price someday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:43 pm 
Field Grade

Nice Shot wrote:
We have a very limited supply on hand at the ecotungsten web site but I'll take the blame for under estimating the demand for Nice Shot. We will work through this and hope you good people are patient with me for a bad judgment call. I know a lot of you will be skeptical but try the 7-1/2 for ducks.

Regards,
Dan

Good problem to have I would say!!!

Tungsten seems to have stayed up in spite of their economy slowing slightly. Need to find a mine in North Dakota :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm 
Tournament Grade

Nice Shot wrote:

Regards,
Dan

Dan ,The effectiveness of 7-1/2 Nice Shot wouldn't surprise me one bit!!!! In the first 17 years of my duck hunting all we used was the good old "Duck loads" 1-1/4 oz of 7-1/2 lead @1330 fps ~ modified choke ,over decoys ,inside of 30 yards and jump shooting tanks.Absolutely deadly! Man, those were the days,lead shot ,12 birds a day limits and access by the landowner with just a friendly handshake and a smile.