It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post subject: Pellet count question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:05 am 
Utility Grade

I am considering going away from steel and have used Hevi-Shot in the past with great results. I am a bit turned off by their dealings in the past with how they changed density and didn't advertise it. So since then I have been shooting steel.
The idea of Nice Shot being essentially equal to lead I find really attractive. My question is, what are the pellet counts with Nice Shot? I don't reload so I would be buying factory loads.
Specifically I am considering the #5 1 1/8th oz load for ducks and the #2 1 3/8th oz load for geese. Anyone know what the pellet counts are for these loads?
I have also seen some guys posting that the #4 load is a great way to go for both duck and geese. I am open to any suggestions so any input is welcome.

Post subject: Re: Pellet count question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:32 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Around 10.8 grams/cubic centimeter, being greater than either Bismuth at 9.7 g/cc just slightly less dense versus three percent antimony lead shot at 11.0 g/cc.

Very similar to high antimony lead; you get a few more pellets to the ounce, but it shoots like lead and that's essentially how you'd select your load.

http://randywakeman.com

Post subject: Re: Pellet count question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:10 am 
Utility Grade

Thanks Randy