ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Nice Shot Inc.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using Mobile devices for this forum
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:37 am 

I am hearing that a lot of you are being plagued with popup ads on your mobile devices.
There has been an app that you can use to access this forum that does not act that way. The free version does have some ads but they are not crippling for your device.
That app is Tapatalk. It is available at the Google Play Store at the link below.

This is the link for Tapatalk

This link is for Tapatalk Pro. I am not sure of the difference.

This is the link if you want to go with the Apple store

This is the link for tapatalk pro on Apple devices @$9.99 See if it is listed for your Apple device.

There are complaints from some users about both versions on both platforms, but they might have been worked out. I don't know.

Sounds like there is a whole lot that I don't know about this program, and that is correct.

Give this a try and if it is of no help, then throw them away.
I believe that there are ad free versions that have a fee or a subscription fee that is probably annual. I don't know.

Let us endeavor so to live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
Mark Twain

Post subject: Re: Using Mobile devices for this forum
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:17 am 
Tournament Grade

Use Firefox mobile combined with Firefox Focus. It blocks all the ads and popups.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:01 pm 
Crown Grade

Good tip on using Firefox. Even without Focus things work better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:24 pm 
Field Grade

On the default Android version of Chrome, I've found that backing out and jumping back in clears the ad. It must set some sort of cookie to only pop once per session.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]